Chapter 18 - Gathering Intel

Despite agreeing to question the demons he suspected, Pazuzu was reluctant to let me go and kept me with him another two days, before finally relenting

Despite agreeing to question the demons he suspected, Pazuzu was reluctant to let me go and kept me with him another two days, before finally relenting. We flew in silence, hidden from everyone, until he landed in one of the larger private spaces in the maze. 

Claw awaited us.

"Make sure the harpies keep a close eye on each demon that meets with Mist. I don't want her in the main temple playroom unless absolutely necessary," Pazuzu snarled, his arm holding me to his chest possessively.

Claw bowed. "I understand, my lord. You realize I'll need to use the Sapindus on her to remove your scent or they will know she's here on your behalf."

A laugh rumbled through his chest. "Oh, they already know. They'll recognize her from me fucking her on my throne while I questioned them. But it's for exactly that reason they'll want her."

I tilted my head to scowl at him.

His large hand cupped my ass and squeezed as he met my eyes with a smirk. "I didn't say they wouldn't also want you for your sexy body, kitten. But you know they will think they are pulling something over on me by fucking you. Not that you are going to let them, right?" His dark eyes held me immobile as effectively as an insect on a pin.

"Not if I can help it," I agreed.

His brows lowered, and his fingers brushed my cheek. "I fucking hate this plan."

I didn't reply. What could I say? It was his plan, after all, and it meant gathering more information that I hoped would eventually return me to Asgard sooner than four years and eleven months. Although, it wasn't like my time on Muspelheim had been unpleasant thus far. If I knew I could leave whenever I wanted, I'd probably be enjoying myself even more. Unplanned and unexpected, it was the first extended vacation I'd taken in... damn, I couldn't remember the last time I'd spent a month in relaxation and pleasure.

Pazuzu growled, black seidhr swirling around us for another minute, then released me in slow increments before letting his fingers drop from me and finally stepping away. "Call for me and I'll hear you, Mist." He launched himself into the sky with those gorgeous smoking black wings, then disappeared as he bent the light around him in a heatwave-like shimmer that dissipated to indistinguishable. It left me uncertain as to whether he was gone, or simply hidden.

Claw looked me over, black beady eyes taking in the royal blue shift, and gestured to the rock circle shower against the wall with his talons. "Although I agree with my lord that they'll recognize you, they will still hesitate with his scent so strong on your skin. In the alcove, there is a jar of berries. Mash them with water and scrub your skin. It's the same thing you will want to use after your session and before the Prince picks you up. If you are smart, you will not go back to him with another's scent on you. Especially not this close to... well, you'll find out."

"To his heat, right?" I asked as I moved to the shower, shed my shift to hang it on a hook, and wet my skin.

Claw tilted his brightly plumed head, beak jerking. "Yes. It's good that he warned you. You have fifteen minutes to shower before I return with today's patron."