Chapter 32 - She Hates Me

Sweat dampened my skin as I paced, circling the surprisingly comfortable guest suite I'd been given

Sweat dampened my skin as I paced, circling the surprisingly comfortable guest suite I'd been given. I clenched and unclenched my fists, trying to make sense of what I'd walked into. Mist wasn't a prisoner? She wasn't a slave? How could she fuck him like that?

A shudder shook my body, my erection straining against the rough jean fabric. Unwillingly, the image of her riding both his cocks, his tail stretching her, came to mind. I groaned, clutching my shaft. With a forearm braced on the stone wall, I unbuttoned my jeans and took my aching length in hand. Droplets glistened and wept from the flushed head as I stroked to the erotic memory searing my senses.

By the first shell, she'd been a sensuous goddess, demanding her pleasure and taking his seed as her due. The way her belly had swollen with it... oh fuck. Unable to stop myself, I came, groaning as hot jets splashed the wall and floor. I remembered the way her sex had tightened on me when it had been me she'd ridden and imagined me filling her so much it showed.

As the overwhelming lust faded, my guts twisted and my heart sank. It was clear Mist still hated me. Did I drive her into Pazuzu's arms the way I had Inanna so long ago? Or was she just making the best of bad choices? She hadn't come to Muspelheim of her own free will, after all.

Surely she wanted to come home? To return to Asgard?

Maybe he controlling her somehow. Was he in her mind? Or was it something else?

I tucked my cock away, rebuttoned my jeans, and strode over to the couch in front of an unlit fireplace, sinking down on the soft cushions. With my head in my hands, I replayed the scene and tried to ignore my rekindled arousal.

Perhaps I'd come on too strong. Mist valued her independence. She was a fierce Valkyrie, after all. A warrior in her own right. If she wanted to take her pleasure with someone, it was her right... even if I fucking hated it wasn't with me.

I winced and tugged my hair. And Pazuzu hadn't been wrong. I'd been hypocritical when I'd not hesitated a moment to fuck her in front of others the second she'd given me permission. That night haunted me. She'd been like an undersea volcano, looking calm on the surface until searing me with her molten passion. Caught in her current, I hadn't wanted to leave her presence... until she'd left me wreaked on the shore.

I had to convince her to leave, to free herself and come home.

***

Nothing went as I hoped. Every day for the next week, I tried to speak to her. Every day, she turned her back and walked away. It didn't matter what approach I took.

But I wouldn't give up. I couldn't.

As I prepared to confront her once again, I considered what might motivate her, since duty to Asgard, worry of her friends for her safety, and certainly my opinion had made no dent in her resolve to ignore me. I still had no idea what held her here.

Worse, if I followed, she headed straight to Pazuzu and regardless of what he was doing, he'd fuck her in front of me. In every barnacle-blasted way possible. If I didn't already know Mist was incredibly flexible and strong, I certainly did after watching him put her upside down on her hands to plunge that long cock in her mouth while lapping at her sex.

And every time, I returned to my rooms hard and aching, stroking my cock to the memory... not just of what I'd just seen, but the remembered feel of her in my arms, her taste on my tongue, the clench of her sex around my cock.

She knew. She knew exactly what she did to me. It was evident in the little smirk on her face as she fucked him, as she swished her ass at me walking away, as she tossed that gorgeous blue hair with a flick of her fingers.

I'd never craved a female more.

But it wasn't any female. The dark-haired woman, Anna, who joined them was beautiful and moved with a graceful elegance, but she didn't arouse me. Seeing her with Pazuzu didn't leave me with molten fire scorching my veins and my cock bursting. It was only when Mist joined them that I couldn't drag my eyes from their mating.

It was only Mist that left me panting.

I left my rooms, resolved to get her to at least speak to me today. If it meant I had to be underhanded to accomplish it, well, I was at the point where I didn't care if it was honourable or not. Dampening the sound of my footsteps the way Scota had deigned to share with me centuries ago, I made my way to the lower gardens where Anna and Mist liked to walk in the mornings. Purple hedges were surrounded by high stone walls that shimmered and I suspected some kind of shield protected the area. A riot of colourful flowering vines climbed metal trellises, sculptures, and surrounded stone benches with their thick cushions. I'd thought the structures simply decorative, until Pazuzu produced cuffs and tied the women to them, then fucked them to screaming orgasms two mornings ago. It wasn't enough he had cuffs permanently attached to his throne to hold them in various positions... of course the demon prince had a sex garden in his palace.

The flash of silver silk against pale limbs contrasting with dark purple hedges caught my eye and I followed. It took several more turns before I closed the distance between Mist and me. For once, she was on her own.

"Shannon lost her memory," I blurted when Mist spotted me and wrinkled her nose, starting to turn her back.

She spun back around, frowning. "What?"

With quick steps, I reached her but didn't dare try to touch her. Not when she'd actually answered me. "On Aidan's birthday. I was there, on Asgard with Loki, Elatha, and Shannon. We were discussing your disappearance."

Mist's eyes narrowed and I hurried to add, "Between one blink and the next, she didn't know any of us. Not even little Aidan."

"But Aidan was fine?"

"Yes. Badb was forced to break the curse when they brought Baldur back and confronted her in front of the Winter Court and Freya."

"That bitch. Badb did something. It had to be her. I'd bet my favourite sword on it," Mist cursed, clenching her fists.

I stretched out a hand, but she stepped away. "Shannon needs you, Mist."

She scowled and crossed her arms over her chest. "Stop trying to manipulate me. Just stay away from me. You had your shot. You blew it." With a parting glare, she turned and left.

My heart sank. I still didn't know what I'd done wrong and I had no idea what else to try.