11: The mafia lord and the teacher

"Why are you standing there like that?" He asked.

She shrugged. "I'm counting my chances of not falling into a trap and being blown in the head if I come in."

"No one's going to hurt you while I'm here. Now come in"

Melody knew he didn't mean it in any way romantic but she couldn't help with the way it sounded so in her head and that there were butterflies in her stomach.

She came in nonetheless but sat on the chair infront of him, gaining one shot up eyebrow from him.

"Aren't we going to start on the project now?"

"For safety." She answered.

"What is going on in that brain of yours?" He wanted to know why she decided to sit far from him, which was unusual and he couldn't help but wonder if it was because of what he'd said about meeting in his house earlier.
It must be it. Oh my gosh. He wanted to really laugh right now.

"Can we just proceed." Her desperate cry to end the way he was embarrassing her was heard. "Or you have work to attend to?"

He leaned back in his chair, with his eyes fully settled on hers, and smirked. "If you wanted to begin, you would've done so since"

She rolled her eyes at him but began the meeting anyways.

He just leaned back and watched her as she began to explain on the model they created. He was already thinking right, and that was 'cause of her being here.

The presentation day came quicker than any of them could anticipate, however, they were all present. Even Kailin, though she hadn't joined them up on the podium. She stayed with the audience, with a vicious glare on her face.

Damian and Melody were standing on the podium with the other project teams, with their model on a wide stool infront of them. They weren't the only two-people group there. Some had come alone, some weren't complete, while some were.

As the teacher, in charge of the project assignment, started checking out the models from the starting point, Melody became nervous. Her heart was beating very fast and her hands became sweaty. She breathed in huffs and puffs, and kept reminding herself to be optimistic.

Damian, on the other hand, just stood with a bored face, ignoring the sneaky calls and ogling from the girls in the audience. His hands were in his pockets, as usual. He wasn't even paying attention to the teacher scoring the models, as all his attention was on the girl infront of him.

He wondered why she was sweating on her forehead. This wasn't a science fair, it just involved the whole class, so why was she nervous? And as if it amused him, he smiled. Like he actually smiled. Damian Whall smiled!

He smiled?

That was what came to Ace's mind when he saw that. He was actually monitoring Damian by hiding in the audience, and when he saw him smile at the head of the nervous girl infront of him, he was so shocked, but he quickly replaced it with an evil smirk. Interesting.

"Mr Damian." The teacher's voice was filled with firm respect when he called him. "Ms Melody, what do we have here?" He pointed towards the model.

The model was made up of round-shaped objects, then there were various distinctive substances and spectacles.

"Well, this is the solar system." Melody began, relieved he hadn't asked about Kailin, but there was no way he would've forgotten the people he'd grouped up together by himself. "We all know that the solar system is made up of......." And the rest of the explanation of the solar system and the big bang theory turned scientific and more advanced.