27: She could kill him.

"What?"

    Melody quickly turned to look around his body.

  Damian glared viciously at him for revealing that tactlessly but Lyon only shrugged in return and moved a few steps back.

  Damian didn't want Melody to know about his wound so that she wouldn't be more worried than she already was, but he let her search his body.

  Melody opened the part of his shirt covering his torso and gasped loudly, her hand flying over to cover her mouth.

  On the left side of his abdomen was a huge, deep gash from which blood was oozing out rapidly.

  Lyon cooed when he saw the huge cut. "Dude."

  Damian ignored him, his full attention on Melody, who was looking up at him with furious teary eyes. "Melody....." He began to say as he stretched out his hand to hold her lest she stagger and fall.

  She hiccuped in realization. He let her hug him, right there.

  Damian turned to Lyon. "Leave us." 
Lyon left them easily.

  "Why did you let me hug you there when you knew you had a huge injury?"

  "It's nothing to worry about, Melody. It isn't." He reached out to hold her.

  Lyon watched them from where he stood.

  Wasn't it better to just go to the hospital now and get treatment over with than argue over a cut?
He shook his head. Those two were really a 'couple'.

  "Why would you let me? Damian, that isn't a normal cut. It's like your skin was turned inside out. It must be hurting like crazy but you let me suffer you more. What the heck!"

  "Melody." Finally, he got hold of her. Staring into her eyes, he said. "Please, stop. You didn't cause me more pain. As far as I know it, you've never and you won't. I'm just glad that you're alright." He drew her slowly towards him and rested his chin on her head. "I'll be fine."

  He heard her sigh. "Ok. But you'll have to see a doctor."

  He looked down at her expecting big brown eyes for a while. "I told you I'll be fine."

  "Damian, you will see a doctor."

  She looked pretty decisive. For a minute, Damian thought about it in his head.

  Butt why wouldn't he see a doctor?! With his skin rippled like that.

  "Damian!" Was he really thinking about it?!

  He glanced at her.

  "Please see a doctor." She tried to say in a sweet voice.

  Gosh, she looked so cute. He stared at her. He didn't know what was happening to him, but he liked it.
He reached down and placed a kiss on her forehead. "Ok." He had a feeling that he couldn't say no to her. Was this good or bad?

  Melody became dumbfounded and frozen at the forehead kiss. She wasn't expecting it, and it sure didn't go down well with her insides. They tingled in the depth of her stomach and made butterflies. She was afraid she'd blush and he'd see it so she subtly covered her cheeks.

  This man.

  "Carla has delivered?!"

  When she got to the hospital, that was first thing she heard from April, after crying from relief that she was alright of course.

  Melody squealed in joy at the news that she completely forgot what had happened earlier. She thanked God for making Carla's delivery safe and for her and her child's health.