29: Sick and isolated.

It happened before he could stop it.

   His emotions revealed itself, before his father. His eyes went wide and his heart started thumping, loudly.

  Stephan Shades.

  One of the men who had killed his mother.

  The anger he usually felt at the thought of someone killing his mother, shot up through his veins and boiled hotly in his blood.

  Melody Shades.

  She was his late mother's killer's daughter.

  And he had seen it before. Her last name.

  He just hadn't looked into it 'cause his instinct had been against the idea.

  The anger.

  His late mother.

  He shut his eyes to keep himself from clenching his fists and breaking the wall beside him.

  He was angry.

  Then, slowly, he sighed, released his fists and opened his eyes.

  It was a long time ago. They had killed the people, everyone responsible for her death.

  They had killed them all. The past was in the past now.

  Marshall smiled when he saw Damian's reaction to what he had just said.  He triumphantly thought that he had managed to enter into his son's mind by reminding him of his late mother. "He killed your mother."

  Damian stared at him expressionlessly.

Though his insides were in a turmoil, he couldn't let his past haunt and live in his present, and this was his present. "He wasn't the only one who'd killed my late mother."

  Marshall was taken aback. What?
He frowned. "Yes, but......"

  "He was also not the mastermind. We found out who was."

  "Damian......." Marshall glared at him.

  "Need I remind you that we killed everyone responsible for her death, nine years ago? Everyone? Even him, and he did that only because you illegally stole from him, and left him with no other choice." He paused. "His sins have departed with him. It shouldn't be visited on his children who know nothing about what you did, that led to their father's choice of mindset, should it?"

  "Your mother wouldn't be glad that you're liking her killer's daughter." Marshall said in a dangerous voice.

  Damian turned around and side-glanced. "Let mother's soul rest in peace." He said gently. "Don't bring her up all the time, and she'll be glad."

  Under the heavy and furious eyes of his father, he walked towards the door and dropped his hand on the door knob. "And dad, would you do me a favor for the first time in your life?" He added. "Don't bring yourself into it. This is my life." Then he opened the door and was gone.

  In fury, Marshall turned around and threw over a tall glass on a cupboard of his, shattering it to pieces.

  His men heard the noise from outside and immediately came in.

  In his car, with Cortex driving, Damian shut his eyes and let out a shaky, disturbing, breath, which Cortex saw but didn't dare ask about.

  Stop and breath.

  Damian told himself numerous times, to regain composure completely.

  This was one of the reasons he never liked talking about his late mother, especially with his father.