26: He wanted to end him

It was Lyon.

  He was cutting the ropes that were holding her down.

  When he was done with his serious work, he looked up at her and smiled.

  "Hey." He said.

  Boy, was she glad to see him. "Hi Lyon." She sighed in relief.

  As they both stood up, Melody turned to look at Damian.

  He was fighting with Ace, and Melody noticed that Ace was at an advantage 'cause he was holding a weapon and Damian wasn't.

  "Melody, let's get out through this window. No one knows how many men we'd meet in the halls if we were to pass through there, and the sound Ace made through his crash would've attracted his men outside. We have to go, c'mon." Lyon whispered, leading her towards the window beside them. "Damian will be alright."

  She nodded and faced the window. "Is this where you guys came in through?" 

  Lyon smirked as he dropped down first. "Damian's stealthy. C'mon."

  Melody glanced at Damian one last time before she went through and dropped down, with Lyon's help.

His eyes scoured the environment as he held her hand and led her away.

  Melody kept looking back, as every sound going on in the room came in rhythm to her heartbeat.

She wondered why he hadn't turned to look at her while in the room.

Unknown to her, Damian knew when and how they had escaped. Lyon would know too.

  It was just that Damian had to attract Ace's attention, which worked 'cause Ace was too angry at him to notice anything else.

Ace stopped glaring and scowling at Damian as he glanced around.

  That's when he realized. "She's gone. You had her rescued. You had it all planned out."

Damian was expressionless. He felt his blood boil hot against his skin as he remembered the bruises on Melody's face. He didn't want to look at her, afraid he'd do something impulsive.

  And what..... Ace almost kissing her?

  He really wanted to end this guy, and he felt that this was the right time to do so, with Melody gone, in the safe hands of his bro. He didn't want her to witness him spilling blood.

  "What about your army?" Ace asked.

  "What about them?" Damian was surprisingly cool and calm, but his voice was hoarse and sounded scratchy.

  Ace stared at him. "I had this trap all planned out." He wriggled his wrist sassily. "That you'd come with your team, and my team would appear and kill them all, then you could have a chance to kill some of them and while you're at it, I'd kill you."

  "And in turn, live happily ever after, right?"

  "You didn't bring them, did you?"

  "No."

  "You stealthily killed my guards, didn't you?"

  "All of them."

  "Hm." He stroked his chin as he looked down, thinking about something.

  "Dubloy." Damian reached onto his torso and brought out a black, shiny pistol. "You did something to oppress me. Stealing from me is one thing. Underestimating me, is another thing you shouldn't have tried." The thought of Ace touching Melody came into his mind and his insides boiled. "You of all people should know that."