36: More confessions.

Damian took a step closer to her as he continued. "I didn't want anyone harming you. I couldn't let anything happen to you. I thought you would be in danger 'cause my enemies could use you as a target against me, meaning you could be in a life-or-death situation."

  He heaved out a breath and swept his hair backward with his hand. "I can't stand that. So I thought not associating with you could stop it from happening and they won't see any more reason to hurt you." How foolish was that.

  Then he looked down. "I didn't mean to treat you that way. The first time."  He placed his hands on her shoulders and turned her around to face him.

  She stared at him wide eyed. She was still frozen. Her heart was beating in her mouth. She could hardly process anything he was saying. Also, her gut felt like it could burst any moment. Also now as she stared into his beautiful blue eyes.

  Damian became tongue-tied. The way she stared at him did something to him.

  Gosh, she was driving him crazy, but he still had something to say. An answer to a question she had asked.

  "The second time, though partially like the first, was because of the way you looked in my shirt. You were stunning, even in that simple cloth." He took a slow breath. "Melody, you do things to me I can not explain. I miss you everyday. Even when you're this near me. If anything happens to you because of me, I could go mad."

  Melody sighed within her and blinked. She couldn't explain the explosive feeling that was bubbling in her right now.

  Captured in the way she stared at him and the emotions swirling in those bright eyes, he leaned forward, totally against his own will, and placed a hand behind her ear.

  His eyes searched hers as he told her. "I do not wish to keep you in harm's way", then he leaned forward a little, "but I'm too selfish to keep you away."

  Thu...thump. Thu...thump. Thu.....thump.

Melody's heart was racing as though it was in a police pursuit, in danger of a cardiac arrest.

  He searched her face once more. "I know I've done this before but I didn't do it right then. Do I have permission?"

  Per....? Melody's head tinged. He was talking to her right? "Oc....oc..." Find your voice.
She nodded slowly. "Yeah...yeah?"

  Slowly, he tipped his head forward and gently touched his lips to hers.  It was slow. He was taking his time , trying to be reasonable for her. 

  After awhile he withdrew and looked into her eyes. "I just figured out something."

  His smiling eyes were contagious. "What?" She grinned.

  "No, that's a secret."

"Then why did you make me curious?"

  "I don't remember doing that."

  Her eyes went wide, playfully. "Damian."

  "Would you do the honor of being this cold hearted man's love and life?"

  "I don't think he's cold hearted if he has a way with words and talks sweetly."

  Alarmed, Damian frowned. "Do you believe all men who talk sweetly are sincere and pure minded?"

  "No, but I believe one infront of me."

   "Was there a man infront of you before?"

  "No." Melody drew near, held his hands and looked into his eyes intensely. "I'm saying I accept to be this cold hearted man's love and life."

  Damian's eyes immediately went above her head as he searched the surroundings. "Has there been a cold hearted man before?"

  "Damian!"

  He looked down at her with a huge grin on his face and wrapped his arms around her. "I know. It's just how happy I am."

  She responded to his hug as she buried her face into his chest along with a bubbling laughter. "Silly."

  And so the two spent the rest of the afternoon, in the kitchen, sharing a heartfelt hug filled with untold but obvious emotions.

Armies passed by them and shared knowing looks with themselves.

  The two were lost in their own world.

  Right now, as she'd let him hold on to her, he wouldn't let go.