21: He left without a goodbye

Damian had gone.

    True to words.

    He had left the ceremony, and he had left her.

    Melody knew that day he left without telling her anything made her upset but when he didn't come back for two whole months, after Carla's exams, she almost ran mad.

    She almost ran mad with worry, anger, and every unexplainable emotion running in her veins.

   What the heck!  He couldn't even call or anything.

   What was she saying? He couldn't even be reached!

   She felt it was too cruel for him to do this, but she guessed young mafia lords had other things to think of than people like her.

   Then, one day, she saw him.

   She was hugging her books and heading to class when he walked into her path.

   She was in a bad mood that morning, so when someone obstructed her in her own path, she looked up to reprimand that person.

  Her heart stopped when she saw two familiar blue orbs, but it was quickly replaced by anger. Her heartbeat accelerated.

  She looked from him to a trash can at the other side and turned in its direction. She would take a different route to class then.

  Damian smirked and followed her. She was ignoring him and he knew why. He knew what he had done was unfair but he couldn't just tell her yet.

  When she saw that he was following her, she stopped and turned around to face him with a sigh.

  Damian chuckled wryly. "Ok, why are you angry at me?"

  Really!!

  Her lips went into a thin line. "I'm not angry. Just get out of my sight, I'm late for class"

  She was angry. He saw. Hurting really. He sighed as he scratched the back of his head, looking away.

   Truth was, she's been on his mind lately and he wanted to take her off, but it only grew worse when he missed her more.

   He shouldn't have left, at least without telling her something and making her worry.

  She didn't spare him a glance as she turned around to walk away.

  She moved a step forward, only to be held back by his hand. Sparks went off at that spot and she felt tingling there.

  Nonetheless, she grew mad at the touch and flinged his hand off her arm.

   She shot him a glare. "What is wrong with you? What do you want now?" You didn't care to think about what others felt after you left. Or how worried you made them.

    He stared at her. He deserved that glare, but it was too small a punishment for him.

   He should say something.

   "I should've said something. I should've told you......"

   "Yeah, you should've!" She cut him off harshly. "Like, how could you be so cruel, Damian? You just up and left, without saying a word. How did you think I felt when you went away without a word, without telling anybody! You might be a mafia lord and all, but you should be reasonable about people's feelings too, especially people around you! It doesn't make sense. I don't... I don't just get...." She heaved. Right now, she didn't want to care about her tone.

   "I should've said something before leaving that day? Is that what's making you upset?" He stared intently into her.

   She sneered at him, challenging his stare . "You said we were friends. Friends don't do unreasonable things like this to their friends."