20: No deal

Melody watched the people talking and laughing with themselves as she stood at the far end of the huge room, near a table that was filled with assortments and glasses of wine.

     After the groom and the bride had been united, the guests and well-wishers went to the other hall to celebrate and dance as they like. April was with Lyon and Carla, with her husband.

    She was alone, at least, she thought so, until he walked over to her and stood inches infront of her.

   "Why are you standing here alone?"

    His voice brought shivers to her spine, but she didn't reply. She just looked away, looking for a space to disappear into. She wasn't keeping malice, she just couldn't control the bubbly feeling in her gut.

    However, Damian noticed the escape mode in her eyes, and he smirked.

    He reached out and poured himself a drink, knowing she'd watch him do that.

    He took a sip and immediately caught her watching. He saw the alarm in her eyes at being caught before she looked away, exposing a tinge of red that had come plastered upon her cheeks.

   Wait, was she blushing? Damian's smirk grew wider. She just seemed more amusing every day.

     "Why are you trying to avoid me?"

     She bit her lower lip.

     He reached out and placed his thumb underneath the lip, saving it from imminent peeling.

    Her heartbeat accelerated as she looked up at him.

    "Is it 'cause of yesterday's fight?"

    "We didn't fight." She swallowed as she looked away. It was a simple argument.

    "But you became upset"

    "You called me something I didn't like"

    "You didn't want to heed to caution"

    She shot him a glare. Wow, he was unbelievable. He wasn't even feeling remorseful. "And it's none of your business"

    He sighed inwardly. Of course, it was none of his business. He didn't know why he cared so much, too much even.

    She saw his sober look and decided to change topic. "I heard what you did for Carla and Rodriguez. It was nice of you"

     "Yeah." He replied vaguely. Still confused that he would feel a way he's never felt before.

    She cleared her throat. "Thank you"

    "For what?"

    "I didn't think you had it in you"

    That made him chuckle once. "There's a lot of things you don't know about me, goofball"

    "Hey! I told you never to call me that"

    He lowered his gaze and was silent for a while.

   "I'm sorry" He said it in a low tone, and immediately he did, he was shocked.

   What did he just say?

   "Nah, it's alright. I know you're just playing"

    "No, not that. What I said to you yesterday that made you upset. I shouldn't have said that and I'm sorry."

    Damian frowned. He was shocked he was still saying it. Was he really the one saying it?

    Melody sensed the sincerity in his voice and it made her smile. "It's ok. I have no reason to not forgive you, so I have"