25: Too close

Damian and the others were already outside the hospital's entrance, ignoring the obvious stares from the female nurses and patients.

  Then April appeared.

  Damian saw her first, and frowned.

  Why was she here?

  And why wasn't Melody with her?

  "Babe." Lyon called her when he saw her.

   At first, April didn't notice that they were standing there, then when Lyon called her, she looked up.

  She felt relieved at seeing them and walked over to them with a smile on her face, into Lyon's open arms.

  "You guys are here!" She grinned.

  "Why are you here?" Damian asked, narrowing his eyes.

  That's when her expression changed. "I was asked to pick up a parcel." For some reason, she felt apprehensive and scared.

  "Aren't you supposed to be with Melody and Carla?"

  "Yeah, babe", that's when Lyon turned to ask her, "what are you doing outside?"

  "Well, an army informed us about a parcel Rodriguez had sent for Carla, since he wasn't around. The army said he couldn't pick up the parcel because mafia teams were restricted from entering the place. I had to come for it. Melody is with Carla." She paused. "But on getting here, I saw that the place was closed. They've closed for the day, I guess. I'm just on my way up."

  Damian breathed out hotly.

  "Babe?" Even Lyon knew that something had gone wrong.

  "What is the army's name?" Damian was probably doing all he could to hold back the temper that was rising in him right now.

  "Uhhh, he said his name is Lucas." She saw their tensed up faces and fear gripped her heart. "Is something wrong?"

  Rodriguez spoke, like as if he had just recovered from a serious trance, "I didn't send any parcel." With that, he ran inside.

  "And I have no army named Lucas." Damian told her and turned to an army, "check out the ward with Rodriguez." And tell me if Melody is still there.

  April swallowed harshly. She looked down and almost staggered. "I........ I....... He was wearing an army uniform."

  "You should've been more careful!" Damian said with venom in his tongue.

  "Dude, chill", Lyon said as he held her in his arms, "she didn't know"

  Soon, the army Damian sent and Rodriguez came running down to them.

  By now, Damian's face had become cold and scary, plus with the aura.

  Cortex was with him, and he felt like he was standing beside ice and lava dangerously mixed together.

  Rodriguez seemed like he was having a cardiac arrest.

  The army slightly bowed when Damian looked at him with dangerous  eyes.

  "The pregnant lady is gone".

   There was a heart beat.

   "And so is Ms Melody."

   Damian clenched his fists so hard that his palms began to tear up and spew out blood. The veins there came out all white and bulgy.

  His forehead and temple, became covered with faint veins, and his blue eyes had bloody glint in them with it's color becoming dark.