35: An unexpected confession.

It was in the afternoon that Melody realized that something was off about Damian.

  She stood by the back door and watched him. He was sitting on a chair in the yard, with a glass of punch in his hands, and he seemed lost in thoughts.

  He had been acting strange ever since that morning. He avoided her and wouldn't talk to her.

  Some armies came and he put on the dangerous familiar facial expression to talk with them.

  She sighed as she folded her arms. It was like he was snubbing her again, and why? All because of a shirt!

  On any normal day, at this time, he would be laughing and chatting with her.

  It hurt her, she wouldn't lie. If he was going to ghost her after he'd made her stay and had kissed her, he should at least be sensible as to why.

  Melody didn't know what an army said but Damian turned his head and looked towards her.

  She glared at him viciously before entering into the house.

Damian realized that she had detected his intentional ghosting again. He dismissed the armies and walked into the house.

  When he got in, he met her aggressively washing the dishes in the kitchen sink, and she had on an angry face.

  He stood in the dining room and watched her from afar. He should be ready.

   "Melody?"

  She slammed a plate in the water, producing a splash, and let out a deep breath. "You're just so unbelievable, you know."

  "Look....."

  She swirved around and faced him. "You said I could stay and you ghost me! How can a host have mood swings like that!"

  What? Mood swings? He tried to suppress a smile. She's still funny, even when she's upset.

   Melody continued. "If you wanted to ignore me, you wouldn't have made my hopes high on...on..!" Ok too far, too far! You're revealing too much! "If you hadn't wanted me to wear your shirt, you would've at least said so! You don't have to snub me."

  Damian frowned. What?! "I do not mind you wearing my shirt, Melody." He walked slowly over to her.

  "Oh, please." She turned around and continued washing aggressively. "You mafia lords shouldn't lie when you want to because you are so bad at it."

  "I'm being honest, Melody."

"You should tell me to leave if you don't want me here. You think you're being nice? You're just worsening things."

  "Melody...."

  Her voice rose. " 'Cause I don't know why you'd snub me, like I don't exist! And yesterday, you kissed me! And you hadn't even addressed that! What do you expect me to feel!" Carla was right. I shouldn't have trusted someone like Damian--- 'they change girls like rags'. Melody felt like crying, but not infront of him.

  "That's not it, Melody." You exist in every part of my life.

  "Then what is! I don't get why you have no reason for doing what you're doing, and you're a mafia lord."

  He was now behind her, staring at the back of her head.

  She ignored him even though she knew he was there. She was afraid she would break down if she showed any feeling now. "Just go and continue what you were doing, Damian." Her tone receded to a low, gentle one. "It doesn't matter since it's what you guys do. Please, just....."

  "I love you, Melody."

   Her hands stopped. Her heart went into a cardiac arrest. Her whole body went stiff and numb.

  What did he say?

  "I've fallen in love with you."

AN

  What's up guys? Hope y'all having a great day?

  I noticed that my stories are getting a bit long, so I'm going to try and shorten them.

  Please, vote and comment.

  Thanks.