31: Her wonder, his prison.

At first, Melody wanted to kill him but when she heard his helpless and dead-toned voice, she had to abandon the plan.

  April had told her where his house was, so she didn't have any problem finding it.

  Soon, she was outside the gates, and with her mouth open.

  Oh my gosh!

  This wasn't a house, it was a mansion! It looked exquisite, more like an estate and more than the army HQ.

It was huge. It was terrifying.

  He stays here all by himself?  She wondered as she stared, admiring the flowers that decorated the compound, how they stood confident and free in their pots and how beautiful the shrubs in the compound looked.

  An army walked towards her, a rifle in his hand.

  Seeing this, she began to stutter. "Ah, well, you see, I was...."

  "You can come in." The army said, the gates automatically opening as he reached her.

  "What?" She raised her eyebrows.

  Lyon had told them, beforehand, to let her in whenever she came. "After me."

  "Huh? Uhh." She slowly nodded and walked in to follow him. "Uh...k." She saw armies walking round the compound and wondered why they didn't asked her questions or look at her with suspicion.

  When they walked into the house, no, mansion, Melody became intimidated. The inside was even more exquisite and inviting than the outside.
Who really was Damian?

  The army stopped in front of a tall, chestnut colored door, knocked on it, and told her to go in.

  After watching him go, Melody slowly put her hand on the princely knob, pushed it down and went in.

  She went pale immediately, not minding how crazily large the bedroom was.

  "Damian!" She screamed and hurried to his sprawled out body.

  She dropped to the floor and took his head into her laps.

What was with him? Why was he on the floor? Her heart thumped against the wall of her chest.

  She was scared. "Damian. Da...." Her voice choked as she lightly patted his cheeks. He didn't look so good.

  Little by little, his eyes opened and went straight to her face. "You're here." His voice was hoarse.

  She helped him rest his head against the bed edge, and looked at him. "What happened?"

  "I fell." He answered simply, staring at her.

  "Why did you?" She frowned.

  "I'm ill." He wanted to hug her and stay in her comforting hold right now.

  She reached out and felt his forehead, only to retract it immediately. "You're boiling!" She gave him a glare. "Damian!"

  He smiled faintly.

  "Have you taken anything for it?" She moved closer to him and looked around his body.

  "No." Her whole being was reflecting in his eyes right now.

She glanced up at him. Are you serious? "What about food? Did you even ea....."

  "No." He interrupted her.

  She glared fiercely now. Her hands balled into fists as she grinded out. "For how long?"

  "It started seven days ago." He was totally being honest with her.

  She was mad. She reached out to grab his face but recoiled it, and sneered at him. "Agh, I should just kill you now?"

  "That would be fair."

  "Shut up, your voice makes me furious." She stood up and brought out a phone.

  "That wouldn't be necc........"

  She cut him off immediately he started. "Are you serious right now?! Don't you know what sickness does to people? Some people die everyday 'cause of it, and here you are, playing with it. You didn't take medicine, go for a check up, or eat! You were sick for a whole week, Damian, and it doesn't matter",

  "You saw my messages and calls but decided to snub me. And when you couldn't take it anymore, you decided to call."

  That wasn't the reason.

  "Aagh." She placed a hand on her forehead and moaned as she paced. "I feel like I keep tutoring you on what friends really are. You don't appreciate your friend checking in on you. You don't care."

  I do. Damian winced.

  "You don't! And here you are, denying life and testing death." She laughed bitterly. "I really want to kill you but I can't."

  "I'm sorry."

  "Damian." She turned around and shot him a glare. "If you say that again, I'm going to treat your freak up real good. You think this world all revolves around saying sorry? You ignore, sorry? You snub, sorry? You act like the COLD, DARK MAFIA LORD THAT YOU ARE, and SORRY?!" She stopped, heaving heavy.

  Damian looked down. "I deserve that." He's never been scolded by a woman before but he felt that he deserved her anger and her outburst. He deserved it all.

  She reduced her glare intensity,.  calmed down and sat beside him. "I'll call..... I'll call the doctor. You should have a personal doctor right?"

  "Doctors." He answered slowly.

  Even better. "And food. You need to eat. Excuse me."

  He looked at her. "You're going to cook?"

  "Yes." She stared at him. "What? You're suspicious?"

  He smirked, she had forgiven him. "Being suspicious of you is like being suspicious of a mummy kangaroo."

  She frowned. "Is that supposed to be a good thing or a bad thing?"

  "I'm afraid you'll become mad at me again if I tell you what it means."

  She eyed him. "You better watch it."

  He laughed, with all his might. "That's what I'm trying to do."

  She scrunched up her nose and looked elsewhere. "C'mon, give me the phone number of your favorite personal doctor. And I don't know where the kitchen is."

  He chuckled. "Of course you don't."

  She opened her mouth. "Of course I don't? This is my first time here!" She protested.

  What will I do without you. Her outburst was so laughable.
He tried to stand up. "C'mon, let me show you."

  She immediately moved closer and held him down, by the arm. "Will you sit! You're in no mood to walk or show me anywhere, mister. I know what a kitchen looks like too."

  "Yeah, I think so." He raised his head, and realized...... they were too close.

  Too close that they could hear each other's breaths. Too close that they could see each other's reflection in their eyes.

  Thump. Thump. Thump.

  Someone's heart was pounding, really loud, but even as their eyes were boring into each other and they seemed frozen in time, they couldn't make out whose heart pounded like that.

  Damian was losing control of his emotions. The very thing he wanted to do now was draw her closer to him and hold her.

  Melody withdrew as though  electrocuted.

  She averted his gaze and looked down. "I'll...... I'll go now." She stood up. "Be right back." She added hurriedly and fled from the room, shutting the door hard behind her.