nineteen

No one's POV:

"S-sixteen?" Dabi was in shock. He was glad Tomura felt comfortable enough to tell him about that. But...it was so sudden. "You've been in the hospital since you were sixteen?" He nodded. "I-I didn't know minors were allowed there." He had never seen a kid there before. "There's another wing, that's where all the thirteen to seventeen year-olds are. They're kept separated."

Himiko said that he had been there for a long time but Dabi didn't think she meant since he was a kid. "I'm telling you because you deserve to know how fucked up I am if you really do want to be with me." Dabi slowly slipped his hand into Tomura's. "No one will ever hurt you again." Tomura leaned on his chest. "I-..." Dabi rubbed his arm gently. "It's okay."

"I don't want to hurt myself when I'm with you."

Dabi died right then and there. He got what he wanted. He was holding the fragile boy. Tomura was opening up to him. He was trusting him. Dabi never knew how much he loved comforting other people until this moment.

"Um, th-that's not the only reason I told you...everything." Tomura slowly pushed himself off Dabi. "Why else did you tell me?" He asks with a small laugh. "Dr. Aizawa told me what you did to get put in the hospital." And just like that everything came crashing down. Any chance Dabi had of being happy was gone. "I know everything but I-I wanna hear it from you." Dabi moved away from him in shock. "Dabi, please?"