twenty

On the outside, the Todoroki family seemed picture perfect but in reality, they were a fucking mess.

From the second Dabi was born his destiny was to take over his father's company. Dabi had other plans. He was born with a silver spoon in his mouth but he never cared about money. He was more interested in fucking up his father's reputation.

His father controlled everything about his life. Who he was friends with, what he ate, activities he took part in. Dabi was more than happy to fulfill his father's wishes. That was until his siblings were born. He was pushed to the side when the youngest was born. His father decided Shoto had the face he wanted for the company. It was like Dabi didn't exist anymore.

"Where's dad?" He knew the answer. "I'm sorry sweet heart. H-he got held up at work." His mother's heart ached seeing her son's disappointed look. What kind of father wouldn't come to his own son's middle school graduation.

He was over it. Over all of it. Nothing he did mattered to his father anymore. So he was gonna do whatever the fuck he wanted. He started heavy drinking and got into drugs. His grades were slipping and he was skipping school. But he didn't want to just piss off his father, he wanted to have fun with it.

"Are you sure this is a good idea Todoroki?" Dabi grinned, shaking the spray paint bottle. "Nope. But it'll be fun." He continued to paint the wall in front of him. "Yo, is this enough paper?" Dabi glanced over his shoulder. "Yeah, that's perfect." He got on his feet and walked over to the metal bin. He pulled out his lighter. His friend handed him a cigarette. He lit it and laughed out smoke. "You're crazy man." He dropped his cigarette into the bin causing it to catch fire. "There's just something so pretty about fire," he said to himself. "Hey, kids!" They both look up to see a police officer running towards them. "Damn it Todoroki!" They both begin to run. "Come on, the chase is the best part."

Piercings, hair dye. Graffiti, arson. Theft, drug abuse. Dabi spent all his teenage years in and out dentition centers. His father constantly bailed him out to avoid any bad press. But his behavior got worse the older he got. Once he was twenty he was at risk of being sent to prison. That was until his father thought of a way to keep that from happening.

He paid off a psychiatrist to take the stand in court claiming Dabi had Borderline personality disorder. He was sentenced to ten years in the metal hospital. Parents of the fucking year, right?