Chapter-5

Author's POV,

Veer was shocked to hear the word 'love' uttered by Rudra, as he had never believed his boss cum friend would experience such emotions. Nonetheless, Veer was happy for Rudra, albeit concerned about his actions. He prayed that Rudra wouldn't let his newfound obsession with Pihu lead him astray, for Rudra was unfamiliar with the concept of love, and Veer sensed the intensity of Rudra's feelings for her.

Outside the mall,

Shivani's heart raced with worry as she anxiously awaited Pihu's return. Her mind swirled with thoughts of her best friend's safety, yearning to rush inside and search for her. However, the firefighter officers barred her entry, leaving her feeling helpless. Just as despair threatened to consume her, she spotted Pihu emerging from the mall's entrance, but her relief turned to alarm as she noticed Pihu limping. With concern overtaking her, she hurried towards her, determined to offer assistance.

Saumya's mother, too, caught sight of Pihu's injured state and rushed to her side, driven by instincts. Shaurya extended his support to Pihu, carefully guiding her towards her worried friend. He gently helped her settle into the ambulance, ensuring she received the medical attention she required for her injured legs.

As Shivani and Saumya's mother reached Pihu's side, Shivani's voice trembled with worry as she bombarded Pihu with questions, "Are you alright, Pihu?"

Knowing her friend's unwavering concern, Pihu endeavoured to soothe Shivani's anxieties. She mustered a calm demeanor and replied, "I'm fine, Shivani. There's no need to worry. It's just a twisted ankle, nothing serious."

Further, Shivani asked "But how do you get injured?" Pihu panicked as she doesn't know how she should reply to her question. Noticing the hesitancy in Pihu's response, Shivani sensed that something more had transpired. Determined to uncover the truth, she turned to Shaurya and pleaded, "Officer, please tell me how she got injured."

Shaurya recounted the events, divulging Pihu's brave act of pushing Rudra out of harm's way and the subsequent injury she had sustained. Shivani seethed with anger upon hearing Shaurya's disclosure, but she chose to remain silent for the time being. Dealing with that matter could wait; right now, her priority was addressing Pihu's injury.

With concern etched on his face, Shaurya spoke directly to Pihu, his voice carrying a mix of admiration and caution, "Ms. Pihu, I hope you won't take such risks again. There are people who worry about you deeply. However, I must say, you displayed immense bravery—first helping a child and then saving someone from a gunshot."

Pihu humbly replied, her voice tinged with a sense of purpose, "I simply lend a hand because I understand how it feels to be in need without anyone to rely on. But I will also follow your advice, Officer Shaurya. I'll prioritize my own safety before offering help." She glanced at Shivani, knowing she had to reassure her friend. "Thank you for your assistance. I truly appreciate it."

Impressed by Pihu's courage and humility, Shaurya felt a growing fondness for her. However, he recognized that now was not the right time to explore those feelings. Leaving their connection to the whims of fate, he bid them farewell, his attention returning to the situation at hand.

Expressing their gratitude, Saumya's mother and Saumya also thanked Pihu and Shivani for their assistance before departing. The doctor examined Pihu's legs, advising her to rest for two days and providing a prescription for her recovery. Together, Pihu and Shivani set off towards their apartment, their emotions still lingering from the intense events of the day.

Next day,