Chapter-20

Author's POV,

Rudra's realization that he now had a lead on Pihu's whereabouts ignited a spark of determination within him. He turned to Veer, his gaze intense, and issued his orders with unwavering authority, "Veer, I need every single detail about her. Find out exactly where she's living, who she's with, her activities over the past month, and most importantly, unveil who provided her the means to escape."

Veer's response was prompt, his loyalty to Rudra evident in his voice, "You can count on me, Rudra. I'll dig deep and gather all the information you need."

Rudra's resolve deepened as he added with a touch of urgency, "But I need all of this within the hour."

Veer nodded, his assurance firm, "Absolutely, Rudra. I'll make it happen."

With that, Veer exited the room, leaving Rudra alone with his thoughts. Rudra turned toward the vast expanse outside his office window, where the city lay before him. His mind was a whirlwind of thoughts and emotions, his determination to unravel Pihu's actions consuming him.

He spoke softly, almost as if his words were carried away by the wind, "Just a little longer, Pearl. Enjoy your fleeting taste of freedom. But soon, you'll be within my grasp once more. I won't even let you step out of my sight, let alone out of my room."

In those words was a complex mixture of emotions – a possessive yearning, a burning desire to reassert his control, and an underlying affection that he found impossible to suppress. The cityscape outside his window seemed to mirror the tumultuous landscape of his feelings, and as the minutes ticked away, Rudra's anticipation for the coming hour grew, knowing that it would mark the beginning of a new phase in the game he was determined to win.

After an agonizing hour, Veer re-entered with Pihu's information, and he began to relay, his words weighed with gravity, "Rudra, Pihu was residing in an apartment with Shivani. She applied for a passport, hinting at her intent to flee the country. As you're aware, Shivani's father, Samarth Singh, holds the post of police commissioner. He's the puppeteer behind her escape. Furthermore, he assigned an officer for her safeguard – one familiar to you – Shaurya Singh Shekhawat. He's persistently weaving into your affairs, seeking ammunition against you. And it seems they've formed friendship in these past months."

Unbeknownst to Veer, his words fanned the flames of Rudra's seething fury. A seething rage simmered beneath Rudra's composed exterior. The revelation that Pihu was not only escaping but also aligning herself with someone from his past ignited a fire within him.

His voice dripped with an unsettling mixture of possessiveness and ire, "So, My Pearl is conversing with another man, seeking solace and shelter in the arms of my enemy."

Rudra's words slithered out, smoldering with resentment, "I never envisioned that Samarth Singh would have the audacity to defy me. Worry not, he will learn his lesson. And that officer, he'll pay dearly for daring to cross my path."

His tone turned resolute, a shadow of possessiveness lurking, "Prepare my private jet, Veer. I'm heading to Varanasi to retrieve what belongs to me. I want my men stationed discreetly around her apartment, their vigilance impeccable. I won't tolerate any slip-ups this time. Ensure they remain concealed."

Veer's tone was cautionary, "I've stationed our men as instructed, and I will ready the jet. But we must address the media, Rudra. Your sudden appearance will attract attention, potentially tipping off Pihu."

A chilling smile curled upon Rudra's lips as he spoke, his voice dripping with a venomous satisfaction, "Feed the media a narrative that I'm in Varanasi for a business meeting regarding the opening of a new hotel. As for arousing Pihu's suspicions, trust me, they won't fathom the depths of my strategy. In their limited understanding, they assume that if we've located them once, we could seize Pihu without stepping into their territory. Little do they realize that it's not just about finding her—it's about making them understand the extent of my reach."