Chapter 34

Author's POV,

As they reached the mansion, Veer, who had been waiting with a doctor, immediately approached them upon seeing Rudra and Pihu, aware of their injuries. "Give her to me; your arm is still bleeding," Veer insisted. However, Rudra ignored Veer's offer of assistance and instead carried Pihu towards their bedroom.

In an attempt to place Pihu gently on the bed, Rudra encountered resistance. She clung tightly to him, her teary eyes filled with silent sobs as broken whispers escaped her trembling lips, "Pl...please." The brutal scenes of killings she had witnessed left Pihu traumatized, rendering her unwilling to face the solitude.

Rudra's heart clenched painfully at the sight of Pihu's emotional turmoil. Seating himself on the bed with Pihu in his lap, he delicately wiped away her tears with the pad of his thumb. Reassuringly, he whispered, "Pearl, I am not leaving. I will just sit beside you, okay?"

Reluctantly, Pihu released her grip, and Rudra settled her on the bed, remaining by her side. The doctor arrived, checking on Pihu while Rudra held her hand tightly, momentarily forgetting about his own gunshot wound. Pihu sat there in a state of numbness as the doctor administered medication, eventually succumbing to the effects and drifting into a deep, much-needed sleep, the intensity of the night still lingering in the air.

.

.

.

In the eerie stillness of midnight, Rudra lay beside Pihu, enveloping her in his arms. His eyes lingered on her peaceful sleeping form, but a torrent of guilt flooded his expression. Desperate to share the tumult within his burning heart, he whispered to her slumbering figure, "I am sorry, Pearl. I shouldn't have dragged you into my cruel world. I know I'm a selfish bastard, yearning for someone as innocent as you. But I can't help it, Pearl. You are my breath, my soul, and I can't endure a second without you. Please, don't try to leave me. I can't bear to lose you. Please."

A lone tear escaped from his eyes, falling onto Pihu's cheeks. Lost in these emotional currents, he eventually succumbed to the embrace of sleep.

In the unsettling depths of Rudra's dream, he found himself standing on the fringes of a chilling tableau. A young boy, a mere 19, lay battered and bruised on the ground, restrained by ominous figures. Desperation echoed in the boy's screams, pleading for the release of someone dear. "Let her go, please let her go."

A girl, standing in the tormenting spotlight, her clothes tattered, her body bruised by the assault of the menacing figures surrounding her. Tear stains marred her face as she tearfully implored, "Rudra, go. Go, run from here." Her cries reverberated in the air, creating an atmosphere thick with anguish. The dream took a sinister turn as a man stepped forward, callously severing the girl's life with a swift slice to her neck, right before the boy's helpless eyes.

Rudra, confined to the role of a silent witness, stood at the door, haunted by his inability to intervene. The scene plunged into darkness, leaving Rudra isolated and alone. Emerging from the shadows, the battered girl appeared, clad in tattered clothes, a victim of brutal violence. Accusingly, she uttered, "You don't save your flower, Rudra. You don't save."

In response to this haunting revelation, Rudra, propelled by an overwhelming sense of remorse, moved through the shadows, his voice piercing the darkness with a desperate plea. "Flower, please don't leave me. I am sorry." The echoes of his words reverberated in the emptiness, an anguished attempt to rewrite the course of the haunting narrative.

As Rudra navigated the labyrinth of his subconscious, his murmurs became a poignant backdrop to the silence of the night. Pihu, shaken from her slumber, heard him call out to an unseen presence in his restless dreams. Beads of sweat adorned Rudra's forehead, evidence of the turmoil within his subconscious. Before Pihu could fully comprehend the complexities of his haunted dreams, Rudra abruptly engulfed Pihu in his arms, holding her tightly against his chest.

In an instant, he enfolded Pihu in a tight embrace, still not fully conscious, his vulnerable admissions lingering in the air as he continued to murmur in his sleep. "Flower, please don't leave me, please. I will protect you; no one will hurt you. I promise."

Pihu's brows furrowed as she heard him whispering, as Rudra had never called her "flower" before; he always referred to her as "pearl" or by her name. Before she could ponder more on this unexpected term of endearment, witnessing a facet of Rudra she had never encountered before, Pihu responded instinctively. She offered him the solace of her embrace—a silent reassurance of unwavering support in the midst of his haunting nightmares.

To be continued....