Chapter-43

Author's POV,

Suddenly, the scene erupted into chaos as a gunshot rang out, shattering the tense silence. Rudransh roared in pain and anger as a bullet struck him, staining his white shirt with blood. The pain on his shoulder caused him to loosen his grip on Pihu, and she took the opportunity to break free and scramble away.

With her heart racing, Pihu looked around frantically, searching for somewhere to hide from the chaos and violence that had erupted. With a whimper, she found refuge between two parked cars, her body shaking with fear and adrenaline.

 With a whimper, she found refuge between two parked cars, her body shaking with fear and adrenaline

The gunshot that echoed through the alley was like a starter's pistol in a deadly race. Rudra and his men, appearing with a roar at both ends of the alley, transformed the tense silence into a cacophony of gunfire.

The narrow alley became a warzone. Bullets ricocheted off brick walls, showering sparks. The stench of gunpowder filled the air, choking Pihu as she huddled between the cars, her ears plugged with her hands in a futile attempt to shut out the deafening cacophony.

The gunfire continued for what felt like an eternity, a maddening dance of death. Each flash of a muzzle seemed to illuminate Pihu's terror, each deafening boom resonating through her bones. Minutes bled into one another, a relentless symphony of violence.

Then, as abruptly as it began, the shooting died down. An eerie silence descended, broken only by the ragged gasps of wounded men. Pihu peeked out from her hiding place, her heart hammering a frantic tattoo against her ribs.

The sight that greeted her was a scene from a nightmare. The alley floor was slick with blood, bodies sprawled like grotesque marionettes. Rudransh's men lay strewn about, their faces contorted in eternal grimaces. And in the center of it all, Rudransh himself writhed on the ground, clutching his shoulder and howling in pain.

Through the haze of smoke and gunpowder, Pihu saw a figure moving towards her from the other end. It was Rudra, his face etched with a chilling calm that sent shivers down her spine. He surveyed the scene with a practiced eye, his gaze lingering on the crumpled bodies of Rudransh's men.

Relief washed over Pihu, a weakness in her knees almost buckling her. It was over. They were safe. Fueled by this newfound hope, she pushed herself out from her hiding place, her eyes searching for Shaurya. There, amidst the carnage, she spotted him slumped against the brick wall.

His face was pale as death, a crimson stain blooming on his chest.Ignoring the tremors in her own body, she knew she had to get to him.

A flicker of triumph sparked in Rudra's eyes as he saw Pihu emerge from cover. Relief battled with a cold calculation in his gaze. But then, his focus shifted. He saw the desperation in her movements as she rushed towards Shaurya, his form slumped against the brick wall, a crimson stain blooming on his chest.

"Shaurya!" Pihu cried out, her voice raw with fear.

But before she could reach him, a gunshot shattered the fragile quiet. Pihu's scream ripped through the air, a sound of pure terror and surprise. Pain, a white-hot poker jabbed into her lower back, stole her breath and her vision. Her cry became a choked gasp as her legs gave way, crumpling her to the blood-slick pavement beside Shaurya.