Chapter 29

Author's POV,

As Rudra left the room, Pihu found herself engulfed in profound distress. She remained huddled in a corner of the bed, her body trembling uncontrollably. Tears flowed down her cheeks, a torrent of emotions she could no longer suppress. It was as if her very soul had fractured under the unbearable weight of the horrors she had been subjected to.

Clutching her knees to her chest, Pihu's heart cried out to the god, seeking solace and answers in the midst of her torment. Her pleas were filled with a desperate sense of injustice that reverberated through the walls, a fervent questioning of the universe itself. She couldn't fathom why such unspeakable misfortune had targeted her, a sense of unwarranted suffering that gnawed at her very core.

Pihu's thoughts raced, her ordeal having left her feeling as though countless lifetimes of agony had been compressed into mere hours. She could scarcely believe that less than twenty-four hours had passed since her world had been brutally upended, and the future, once full of promise, had transformed into a daunting abyss.

The image of the tortured man in the basement haunted her, his agonized cries echoing relentlessly in her mind like a never-ending nightmare. She couldn't rid herself of the tormenting questions that clawed at her sanity: "Why me? What could I possibly have done to deserve this unrelenting torment?" The sheer weight of the injustice bore down upon her heart, a suffocating burden that left her gasping for air.

Her dreams and aspirations, once vivid and radiant, now appeared distant and unattainable, fading like stars swallowed by an all-consuming darkness. The confines of her current reality had mercilessly crushed her spirit, and the once fiery courage within her had dwindled to a mere flicker. Witnessing the depths of cruelty that resided within Rudra had extinguished her fighting spirit.

In the depths of her despair, Pihu yearned for a solitary glimmer of hope, a lifeline to lead her out of the abyss that had engulfed her existence. She clung to the fragile belief that somewhere, somehow, there had to be a way to escape the unrelenting darkness and reclaim the life that had been cruelly stolen from her.

.

.

.

As evening descended, Pihu found herself sitting alone in her room, her thoughts still chaotic whirlwind of fear and despair. The weight of her circumstances pressed down on her like an unyielding force, making every breath a struggle. Tear-streaked cheeks bore witness to her anguish as she contemplated the harrowing nightmare that her life had become.

Amidst the solitude of her room, a gentle knock on the door startled her from her thoughts. Startled, she hastily wiped away her tears and called out, "Who is it?"

The door creaks open slowly, revealing Veer as he stepped inside. Pihu recognized him as Rudra's secretary whom she had interacted with only a few times during her brief tenure at the Rathore empire. The complexity of her emotions churned within her as she remained silent, she just want to be left alone on her miseries, her gaze cast downward, unable to meet his eyes, as she knew that, despite the kindness Veer had shown her before, his ultimate loyalty lay with Rudra.

Veer approached Pihu, his warm, brotherly smile contrasting with the somber atmosphere that enveloped her. He spoke softly, as if trying to dispel the darkness that had settled around her, "Pihu, you know I've wanted to meet you since this morning. Since it's our first official meeting, I thought I'd bring you a little gift."

Pihu's heart remained an impenetrable fortress, her refusal to engage evident in her silence. She couldn't bring herself to overlook the fact that while Veer might not actively be causing her pain, he was still an integral part of the world that had led to her suffering. Speaking to him, even in the face of a gift, felt like a betrayal of her own principles.