Chapter-19

Author's POV,

Venturing outside, the cool breeze of Varanasi's cloudy day greeted them as they strolled through the park. Pihu's words hung in the air, echoing the sentiment shared by many. "I can't help but think about our time in America. Who knows when we'll be back here? It's funny how we took wandering around Varanasi for granted. Now, it feels like a luxury."

Shivani nodded, her gaze fixed on the horizon. "You're right. Our lives are taking a big turn. But let's not dwell on it today. Today, let's embrace the city that has been our heaven."

With determination in their hearts, they fetched Shivani's trusted scooty from their apartment. Their initial plan was simple: a leisurely ride to Assi Ghat, a place they cherished, which was just a 10-minute ride away.

However, as they reached Assi Ghat and parked there scooty in parking and moved toward ghat, the familiar surroundings pulled at their hearts, and they decided to extend their adventure.

"Should we go to Dashashwamedh Ghat?" Shivani mused aloud.

Pihu's eyes sparkled with mischief. "Or perhaps we let the flow of the day decide. Let's allow Varanasi to lead the way, just like old times."

Noticing a boat nearby, they made an impulsive decision to climb aboard, surrendering themselves to the Ganges' gentle currents. The boat embarked on a leisurely journey, guiding them toward Dashashwamedh Ghat, an epicenter of spiritual vibrancy in Varanasi. Pihu's voice carried a sense of reverie. "We've spent countless evenings watching the Ganga Aarti from these ghats and the water."

Shivani's smile mirrored the sentiment. Her gaze lingered on the ghats that held countless memories. " And how can we forget the times we used to grumble about getting lost in these narrow lanes? Now, I'd give anything to navigate them again."

The boat's journey allowed them to witness people finding solace in the river's flow, performing rituals and ceremonies that seemed to tether them to something beyond the material world. The sight of Manikarnika Ghat, the cremation site, cast a solemn reflection on life's inevitable truth – death.