Chapter-22

Author's POV,

At the mention of Shaurya's name escaping Pihu's lips, Rudra's fingers tightened around her jaw, not painfully but with enough force to remind her of his possessiveness. His voice, cold and authoritative, cut through the charged atmosphere, "I've already warned you, Pearl. Never let another man's name touch your lips."

Overwhelmed by the intensity of the situation, Pihu's fear crystallized into something more profound. Her voice wavered as she questioned him, her innocence laid bare, "Why have you done this to them? Please release all of them. They've done nothing to you. It's me you're after."

Rudra's lips curled into a sinister smirk as he responded, his words laced with a chilling sense of satisfaction, "I merely taught them a lesson for daring to defy me, for interfering in matters that concern us. And as for letting them go, I shall. But there's a condition—you must marry me."

Pihu's heart felt as if it was being shredded by Rudra's declaration, her tears cascading down her cheeks as she confronted the brutal reality that surrounded her. Yet, amid the turmoil that enveloped her, her father's unwavering voice broke through the chaos. He shouted with a fierce determination, "Pihu, you mustn't consider us. Don't succumb to this. Just leave from here."

Samarth's battered form added his voice, the pain he endured evident in his tone, yet his resolve was unshaken. "Absolutely,Pihu. Your father speaks the truth. You need not carry the burden of our well-being. Just go. You don't have to bind yourself to this... this bastard."

The weight of their words bore the strength of unconditional love, urging her to find her own path amidst the darkness that threatened to engulf her.

However, Rudra's response to their pleas was a chilling chuckle, a stark reminder of the power he held over their lives. Pihu, standing beside him, felt a shiver run down her spine as he spoke, "Do you believe she can simply leave from here if I don't permit it? Samarth Singh, it appears you've yet to learn your lesson. Allow me to impart some manners."

A signal from Rudra prompted Veer to move forward, seizing Pihu's wrists in an iron grip. Rudra advanced towards Samarth, his movements deliberate and menacing. The sharp crack of his gun striking Samarth's face echoed through the hall like a gunshot of its own, and both Pihu and Shivani screamed in unison, "No!"

Samarth's body crumpled under the force of the blow, the sickening thud echoing the brutality of the act. Blood trickled from the corner of his mouth, staining the pristine floor, as his pained groans filled the air. Pihu's heart clenched in agony, a surge of anger and helplessness surging within her. She strained against Veer's grip, her voice a blend of fury and despair, "Stop this! Please, Mr. Rathore, enough!"

But amidst the chaos, Shaurya's voice broke through, a mixture of defiance and determination despite his battered state. His eyes bore into Rudra with a fiery intensity, undeterred by the pain he was enduring. "You may think you have power over us, Rudra, but remember this—fear and pain won't bind us to you. We'll stand against you no matter what you do."

Rudra's attention swung toward Shaurya, his lips curling into a chilling smile. As he listened, anger surged within him, the veins on his temples pulsing. "Such spirit, Shaurya," he retorted, his tone laced with both disdain and a dark amusement. "Let's see how long that fire burns."

In a chilling instant, Rudra aimed his gun toward Shaurya's leg and fired. The gunshot echoed through the hall, and a wave of shock swept over everyone. Shaurya's agonized cry filled the air, his body crumpling to the floor as pain tore through him. Pihu was frozen, unable to comprehend the brutality that had unfolded before her.

Rudra's demeanor remained impassive, a cruel smile playing on his lips as he turned his gaze toward Pihu. The room seemed to shrink around her, the air growing thick with a sense of impending doom. With a voice that was chillingly calm, Rudra spoke, his words heavy with malevolence, "You see, Pearl, every defiance comes with its consequences. Every act of resistance has its price. This," he gestured towards Samarth's and Shaurya's battered form, "is just a glimpse of what awaits those who dare to cross my path."