Chapter-10

Author's POV,

As Pihu entered her apartment, a wave of tranquility washed over her. The familiar surroundings provided a sanctuary from the chaos of her encounter with Rudra. She took a deep breath, trying to regain her composure and push aside the lingering thoughts of the enigmatic man.

She found Shivani in the kitchen, busy setting the table for their dinner, and approached her with a smile. Shivani looked up, her eyebrows furrowed with concern. "Where have you been, Pihu? I called you multiple times, and you didn't answer. If you don't show up within the next half-hour or respond to my calls, I'm going to inform my dad!"

Pihu's mind raced, searching for a believable excuse while her heart raced with anxiety. She mustered a sheepish smile and replied, "Oh, Shivani, you know na I got some last-minute work, and then I suddenly had this intense craving for pastries. I couldn't resist the temptation, so I went to get some!"

Shivani raised an eyebrow, a mixture of amusement and skepticism on her face. "Pastries, huh? Well, you better have brought some back! And next time, at least answer your phone, Miss Pastry Lover!"

Relieved that Shivani seemed to buy her story, Pihu let out a nervous giggle. "Don't worry, Shivani. I've got some delicious pastries waiting for us. You won't be disappointed!"

But suddenly, as Pihu anticipated, Shivani asked with curiosity, "Which flavor is it?" Pihu's heart raced, unsure of how to respond. After a moment of hesitation, she stammered, "Um, why don't you open it and see for yourself? It's a surprise!"

Shivani raised an eyebrow at Pihu's nervous response, sensing something peculiar in her behavior. However, she shrugged it off, thinking that if there was something bothering Pihu, she would surely confide in her, as they shared everything. Brushing aside her suspicions, Shivani decided to let it go for now.

With excitement, Shivani lifted the lid of the pastry box, revealing a delightful black forest pastry inside. Pihu's eyes widened in surprise, her favorite flavor nestled within. Conflicting emotions tugged at her mind, unsure of how to interpret this unexpected coincidence. A sense of fear began to creep over her, questioning how Rudra could have known her preference. Yet, Pihu tried to calm herself, reassuring her racing thoughts that it was merely a coincidence and nothing more.

 Yet, Pihu tried to calm herself, reassuring her racing thoughts that it was merely a coincidence and nothing more

With excitement shining in her eyes, Shivani exclaimed, "Sit, Pihu! I can't wait to eat it. Let's eat our dinner." Pihu, still caught in her swirling thoughts, nervously took a seat beside Shivani. As they settled down, their usual banter and non-stop conversation filled the air, serving as a temporary distraction from Pihu's unsettling encounter with Rudra.

They dove into their dinner, savoring each bite, while Shivani shared amusing anecdotes from her day. Pihu joined in, laughing and engaging in the lively conversation, allowing herself to be carried away by the warmth of their friendship. In those moments, the weight of Rudra's presence lifted, and Pihu found solace in the familiarity and comfort of her dear friend.