Chapter-23

Author's POV,

In the midst of this charged atmosphere, Veer re-entered the room, holding a bundle of papers. He extended them to Rudra with a respectful nod, a silent understanding passing between them. Rudra accepted the documents, his fingers curling around them with a sense of solemn purpose. These papers represented the bridge between their two worlds, a tangible link in the chain of events that had led them to this moment.

With a sense of solemnity, Rudra turned his attention back to Pihu. His gaze held a complex mixture of emotions—a fierce possessiveness that was tinged with a trace of tenderness, a smoldering obsession masked by a facade of control. "Pearl," he began, his voice a low, commanding murmur that resonated with a depth of emotion, "sign these papers. Let our journey begin." His words were laden with an unspoken assertion, a reminder that in this intricate dance of fate and power, her choices had been stripped away. His intent was clear—to make her understand that resistance was futile, that the path they were embarking upon was inexorable.

Tears welled in Pihu's eyes, shimmering like fragile diamonds, as she reluctantly accepted the pen. Her hand trembled in the grip of a tempestuous whirlwind of emotions, the weight of her decision pressing down upon her like an immeasurable burden. The parchment before her was not just a piece of paper; it was a contract etched with the ink of her despair and the ink of her sacrifice.

With each deliberate stroke, as she added her signature, the ink seemed to seep into her very soul, staining it with the inevitability of her fate. She felt the shackles of her circumstances tighten around her, the sense of loss and powerlessness enveloping her like a suffocating cloak. In that solitary moment, she was not merely signing her name; she was sealing her destiny, forever intertwined with a man she never dreamt of being bound to.

With the signed papers now resting between them, Rudra's gaze softened, his fingers gently brushing over the documents as if to imprint this moment into his memory. "Thank you, Pearl," he murmured, his voice carrying a mix of gratitude and something deeper, something that he couldn't quite put into words.

Turning his attention back to Pihu, Rudra's expression shifted into a softer, almost tender look. His gaze bore into hers, holding a multitude of emotions—a fierce possessiveness now transformed into a gentler determination, an obsession intertwined with a longing to please her. "Now, let us prepare for our marriage," he said, his voice carrying warmth that belied his previous intensity. "I want everything to be perfect for you."

Pihu felt an odd juxtaposition of emotions. The whirlwind of the situation had left her feeling numb, her mind in a haze as if disconnected from reality. She barely registered his words, her senses dulled by the overwhelming weight of the circumstances that had been thrust upon her. Rudra moved towards by holding her hand delicately he lead them through stairs to the room.

Stepping into the room, a strange sense of surrealism washed over Pihu. The sight before her felt both enchanting and disorienting—several maids stood in a line, a resplendent red bridal lehenga adorned with intricate designs was meticulously laid out, and an array of exquisite jewelry sparkled as if whispering secrets of a different life. In another time, in a different context, this scene might have been a girl's dream fulfilled. But now, under the weight of forced circumstances, it was a poignant reminder of the life she had never chosen. Rudra's gaze remained fixed on Pihu, a blend of fervor and devotion evident in his eyes.

"Pihu," he began, his voice soft yet intense, "Do you know why I took two days, even after knowing about your whereabouts? Because I wanted to prepare for our marriage, to choose your bridal attire and jewelry myself. Even though I can't give you the grand wedding you deserve right now. But I want everything to be perfect." His words held an undertone of possessiveness, a confession of his deep-seated need to have her by his side.