Kabanata 4

XIBEL looked like a statue for not moving for almost a minute. After Imris hugged him and made him carry her, it was just then he realized what he said. For the love of the dead, how could he just own this child? He couldn't believe he took her under his care.

Hindi niya pa nga lubos na naiintindihan ang mundong ito at kung paano muling makikita ang system at ang Fictosa, nagawa niya pang kumuha ng isang responsibilidad.

"Heavens and curses, I shouldn't have let my emotions overtake me." He massaged his nose bridge. "Now, what am I to do?"

Imris just giggled and started poking his left cheek. Her focus was shifted on the dead flowers. The petals were endlessly falling, but there were no hints of them losing their numbers. Every flower that lost all their petals were then replaced with an already withered one. It was ironic to think it could still grow.

The curse he put on himself was never less dead than he was at the moment.

"Papa, why don't I have that?" Imris pointed his cheeks.

"Because you are not cursed. And please . . ." With his finger, he removed her hand poking his cheek. "Do not call me such names. Have I not told you? I'm not your father. I didn't say I will take you as my daughter. You are my follower, Imris. Not my daughter, understand?"

Imris tilted her head. "Follower?"

"Yeah. Follower." He put his attention back to the ruined building in front while thinking of what he would do. Pinangako na niya sa bata na hahanapin niya ang tunay na magulang nito kaya wala siyang magagawa kundi panagutan ang pangakong iyon.

Isa pa, ayaw na rin niyang ibalik pa si Imris sa orphanage. Kahit na binawian na niya ng buhay ang nanakit nito, hindi na niya ito ibabalik pa sa lugar kung saan ito nagdusa.

"Now, what must I do?" Before searching for her parents, he had to take care of her first. But how? He never had a child. What he did before was only bless them, not take care of them!

"Lord Xibel, why don't you give her a home?"

Napunta ang tingin niya kay Stone na nasa kaniyang tabi. "A home?"

"Yes, my lord. To build a family, you have to give them a decent house first." Naglakad ito papalapit sa sirang gusali. He then gestured his hand. "We, humans, first build our shelters to protect ourselves. That is also where we establish our bonds."

"A house . . ." he muttered and glanced at Imris who was now yawning.

Stone was right. Imris was a child who needed a place she could call home.

"Move aside," he ordered Stone. Tinaas niya ang isang kamay. Pinikit niya ang mga mata habang inilalarawan sa isipan ang nais niyang mangyari sa sirang gusali. "Strike thy art. Come fill my desires. Give me a place I can call home."

Tumaas ang init sa kaniyang katawan. Bumilis din ang tibok ng kaniyang puso habang nararamdaman ang agos ng kapangyarihan niyang nagtungo papunta sa dulo ng mga daliri. Opening his eyes, he snapped the fingers and watched how his Coriar turned his desired home into a real thing.

A huge amount of dark dust surrounded the ruined building, spiraling at a great speed, until it covered the whole area. It was less than a few seconds when the dark dust dissolved, and the building had now become a three-storey house. Just as how dark the color of his magic was, the building also represented it. All the green grasses surrounding the building dried up, showing a boundary of his area.

Napangiti siya sa kaniyang ginawa. Nilapat niya ang kamay sa ulo ng batang natutulog na habang hindi inaalis ang tingin sa kaniyang ginawa.

Now you have a home.