Kabanata 33

ONE week had passed and Imris was ready to be discharged. Nasa loob na sila ngayon ng sasakyan ni Jasia at pauwi na. Si Imris ay katabi niyang nakaupo sa backseat at abala na namang kalikutin ang bulaklak niya sa mukha.

"Stop." Winaksi niya ang kamay nito.

"But I want to pick some."

"No."

Sumimangot naman ito at tumahimik sa kaniyang tabi.

A pair of eyes made him look at the rearview mirror only to find Jasia looking at him. Nang magtama ang kanilang paningin ay sabay silang napaiwas.

What was that? There was a tiny jolt inside his heart that he couldn't comprehend whether he should be glad or mad about it. Every moving day with her just got confusing for Xibel.

He shrugged his confusing feeling and looked out the window. The loud beating inside his chest failed him to calm down. He needed to distract himself. He didn't want Jasia to invade his mind again. Lately, after she mentioned about his disappearing curse, somewhat a reverse phenomena had happen to him–she couldn't run gone inside his head.

Mariin siyang napapikit at piniga ang kaniyang utak sa puwede niyang isipin basta huwag lang ang babae. Inisip niya ang mga araw na nasa loob siya ng ospital hanggang sa maalala niya ang manunulat.

Pagkatapos ng araw na iyon, hindi na bumalik si Isabella sa ospital o kahit sumilip man lang para dumalaw.

Was she able to write?

He hoped so. At least one chapter would be enough to make the story moved a little closer to the end. He wanted the story to end. He wanted this torn feeling of his to, if his author is generous enough, come to a resolution.

But if she did have written something, he would be notified by the setting. The House Spot would activate to play the newly produced scene, however, not even a single notice he received.

Was it because he was in the real dimension that House Spot didn't activate?

Napabukas ang kaniyang mga mata. "System, check if there's a new chapter for my story."

[Response System: There have been no updates. No chapter have been published.]

She didn't write anything?

"Woman." He stared at the back of the driver seat. This was a better view; he didn't need to meet her gaze, but he was still looking at her direction.

"Yeah?"

"How's Isabella? I haven't seen her for a while." It was ironic how he wished not for her to bug him, and yet, here he was, looking for her.

"Ah, si Isabella . . ." The sound of her voice dropped as the speed of the car lessened. "She's back to her old self. She doesn't want to get out of her room again kahit pa sabihin kong nandoon ka."

"I don't understand. What do you mean by her old self?"

Bumuntonghininga ito. "Ever since Isabella and her boyfriend broke up, ayaw na niyang lumabas sa kuwarto at makipaghalubilo sa mga tao. I don't think I have the right to share the details to you but let's just say that her ex-boyfriend was a jerk. A very disgusting one."

"In what way?" Napaupo siya nang tuwid, interesado sa pinag-uusapan.

""He's a manipulator. He likes to make Isabella feel guilty para sundin nito ang gusto. I tried to warn her with that man no'ng una kong makita kasi iba na pakiramdam ko, e. And the fact that she was still a minor, pero she doesn't want to listen to me. At ayon nga, that guy cheated on her after--" Jasia paused and shook her head. "There was more to say but I don't want to tell you without Isabella's permission."