Kabanata 20

XIBEL was left in the kitchen wondering about what the woman said. He wasn't able to respond. It never crossed his mind to see her performances live, and it was already fixed he would not be going to see it even once. But Jasia just popped off a deal and then left him.

"Pumunta ka, boss lord."

He gazed at Arator who sat next to him. "Are you ordering me?"

"Hindi, my lord. Nagsasabi lang. Nasa iyo naman 'yan kung susundin mo o hindi. Pero kung ako iyan ay pupunta ako."

"Then why don't you go instead?" walang gana niyang sagot.

"Hindi naman ako nakakakita kaya wala ring silbi kaya ikaw na lang, boss lord. Matutuwa rin si Imris kapag sumama ka."

The tip of his eyebrows moved as he mentioned Imris. He could already imagine the scenario later; Imris would look at him again with those pleading eyes, convincing him to come. And his answer? Of course, he wouldn't be able to say no again!

He groaned and crossed his legs. "This is annoying."

"Sumama ka na, my lord. Para naman makalimutan mo na rin si Celestialiana. Kung ako sa 'yo, si Jasia pipiliin ko."

Inis niya itong nilingon. Why did their conversation end up between them? "Stop bringing up her name. Do you want to die--"

"No, thank you, my lord." Tinaas nito ang dalawang kamay bilang pagsuko. "Pero ito, my lord. Seryosong usapan, pumunta ka."

"Why are you pushing me to go there? I don't want to get out." Tumayo siya.

"Sabi ni Jasia wala raw ibang mga tao ang manonood kundi kayo lang ni Imris. Hindi mo ba nararamdaman, my lord?"

"Ang alin?"

"Na gusto ka niyang manood. Kayong dalawa ni Imris." Tumayo rin si Arator at nagtungo sa niluluto nito. Binuksan muna nito ang nag-a-alburotong kaldero bago siya nilingon. Marahan siya nitong nginitian. "Subukan mo ring lumabas, my lord. Hindi naman ito ang House Spot. Wala tayo sa kuwento ngayon kaya hindi mo kailangang mag-alala na may hindi na naman magandang mangyari sa 'yo. Hindi ka kalaban sa mundong ito, my lord."

Xibel flinched. For a moment, his mind went silent. Indeed, he was overthinking about the possibility of things that may go wrong. He was afraid he would experience something unexpected again, just like how he failed in every single scene in the novel. And how he would always end up miserable whenever he tried to avenge himself from Celestialiana, the male lead, and from the humans.

But Arator was right. He wasn't in his House Spot. He wasn't controlled with words. He was free to do anything he wanted.

Hindi siya sumagot at naglakad na lang pabalik sa salas. He sat on his miserable-looking sofa. He couldn't believe he really is considering about going.

Thanks to his followers, there was a part of him convinced.

Lumipas ang oras at bumalik na si Jasia para sunduin si Imris. Tinanong siya nito kung ano ang kaniyang naging desisyon pero hindi muna siya sumagot kaya muli siya nitong binigyan ng oras mamaya pag-uwi ng dalawa galing eskwela.

Now, he was sitting on his bed. He took a piece of cigarette in his pocket hoping it could help him make up his mind. It was easier to say no. He could have said it to her so he wouldn't have to think about it now.

He didn't like seeing the stage either. Although it was one of his favorites before, it had now turned into a nightmare. The happiness he used to feel seeing someone on stage, especially her, had long been dead.

But still, he wanted to go.

He wanted to see if Arator was right, that there was nothing to worry about the events not going in the way he wanted.