The announcement

The day has come,the day that Hyunjin tells the company about us.The pressure was real.There was no telling how they'd react or what they'd do.Hyunjin and I were planning on going in together and telling the CEO,Mr Kim about it.I have about an hour to get ready before Hyunjin arrives to pick me up.
I put on some jeans and a simple white shirt with some sneakers.I tied my hair back and was ready to go.I waited anxiously on the couch.I felt a bit sick.I knew for a fact no matter what happened Hyunjin wouldn't leave me but I was still worried about what would happen to him.Would they kick him out?Force us to keep it a secret?
Relations amongst employees and the idols were strictly forbidden,so there's a chance I might even lose my job too.However it didn't prohibit idols having a relationship with anyone.Though there was this stigma in Kpop where idols weren't advised to date,so I guess that part is just simple business ethics.Of course that didn't bother me,there were plenty of companies to go around if I were to lose my job.
Hyunjins still had a good couple of years left in his contract so getting rid of him wouldn't be easy to say the least.As for me,I renew my contract annually so I still had a couple of months left.
Lost in thought I was awoken by a knock on the door.
Hyunjin.
I quickly got up and ran to the door.
"You ready?" He asked smiling.
Suddenly all the fear I felt before left my body and I was certain things would be okay.
"Let's do this." I said taking his hand in mine.
We walked out of my apartment and went down to the parking lot.We climbed in the car and off we went.
"I have some pretty big news."Hyunjin said.
"Celine wants to have me as one of their ambassadors."he said smiling.
"What that's amazing."I responded.
"It is,their sending me a package tomorrow."he went on.
"Luckily for me,the contract is not linked to our company so regardless of what happens,I'll still be one of their ambassadors." He said smiling.
I could see Hyunjin was worried about what was going to happen.This was his dream after all.
I placed my hand on his.
"Everything will be okay." I reassured him.
A soft smile grew on his lips.
"Of course it will,I have you after all." He said.
We neared our destination and the knot in my stomach grew.
Hyunjin parked the car and turned to me.
"No matter what happens,we are staying together,okay?"he said.
I nodded in response.
We both got out of the car.Hyunjin took my hand in his and in we went.A few of the other employees were staring at us as we made our way to the Mr Kim's office.I could hear a few whispers coming from the others,but none of that mattered.Who cared about what they thought?
The moment has come.We were now outside the his office.Hyunjin took one deep breath before knocking on the door.
"Enter." Said a voice from inside the room.
We both walked in with our hands still intertwined.Mr Kim stared at our hands as we walked over to his desk.
"What is this?"he asked looking at the both of us.
We both greeted and took a seat at his desk.
"Sir,I'm here to inform you of our engagement.We've been seeing each other in for a while now and I've finally made it official.I know this goes against my contract but this isn't something I can control."he said.
Mr Kim inhaled a sharp breath.
"Hyunjin,you do realize what this means?" He questioned.
"I do." He replied.
There was an intense silence.There was no telling what would happen next.

Mr kim sighed.

"Listen,kicking you out of the group will only cause more harm.Fans would want an explanation and many won't be happy with your decision.Some may support you and be happy while others may not.What I'm trying to say is,this has to be kept a secret.The group is doing far too well for a scandal like this to break out."he said.

I looked over to Hyunjin who didn't seem to happy about what had just been said.I knew Hyunjin wouldn't want to keep us a secret but this was the only way for him to keep his job and for us to still be together at the same time,even if it meant staying under cover a bit longer.

Before Hyunjin could say anything I interrupted.
"How long?" I questioned.
"How long would we need to keep it a secret?" I clarified.

"Till after the wedding." He replied.
"Hyunjin is one of our top stars,this whole engagement announcement will cause the group's popularity to decrease...but I am certain they will gain it back again after the news of your marriage pipes down.I'm not going to ask you to hide your relationship forever,however I am asking that you do this one favor for me and try to keep a low profile."he continued.
All the worry I had left in me simply disappeared,this was better than anything we'd expected.Sure we had to keep a low profile but Hyunjin got to keep his job and could continue pursuing his dream!I was shocked that things had turned out this way.
"Thank you sir."I said.
He smiled and nodded.
"I suppose you're wondering why I am being so lenient." He said.
Hyunjin and I both stared at him in disbelief.
"We honestly thought this would go completely differently."Hyunjin admitted.
"I must admit,I am not happy about this,however who I am I to stop you?There have been plenty of kpop idols who have settled down,gotten married and started a family.The public will get over it."he said.
"Thank you." I said.
Hyunjin and I were about to dismiss ourselves when Mr kim called out my name.
"Y/n,I ask that you keep things professional during work hours,that goes for you too Hyunjin."he said.
We both nodded in agreement and bid our goodbyes.
If Hyunjin were signed to any other company,things surely would have gone worse.Mr Kim was known for his kindness and understanding towards his employees.He was a pretty powerful man with a good heart.Those are hard to come by.

"I reckon that went well."Hyunjin said as we  walked out of the office.
"Far better than I could have hoped for."I said.
"I'm sorry that we have to keep it a secret.I wanted us to finally be known as a couple,yet here we are."he said looking down.
"Don't apologize,and besides it's not like we're going to be keeping it a secret forever."I said taking his hand in mine.
"Thanks for this,you've sacrificed a lot just for me to continue being an idol,you've respected my privacy and you've never treated me differently because of my career."he said quickly placing a kiss on my cheek.
I smiled.
"How about I cook you your first meal as your fiancé?"I asked.
He smiled.
"I'd love that!"he exclaimed.
"Great,my place.6 o'clock.I'll see you later."I said.
"I'll see you."he said.
"I love you."I said.
"I love you more."he said before heading to the practice room,leaving me alone in the hallway.

Hyunjin had to practice the new choreo for their upcoming comeback and as for me,well I had to decide what I was going to make for dinner.