bad

I felt bad for hurting Paula's feelings so I went to her room and knocked on the door gently. I hear the soft click of the locks and she opens the door. Her eyes were puffy from crying and she was wearing sweat pants and a sweat shirt. She looked up and down the hallway and pulled me inside of her bedroom. "Skylar. How do you look so good all the time?" I look at her and say "I do not honestly know the answer to that question. Can you take me to the hospital?" She looks at me and raises an eyebrow. "Why?" she asked. "I want to know why I got so tall and why my stomach is swelling up so much." She looked at me then at my stomach. "Holy shit! When did this start?" I look at her and say "I don't know." I feel light headed and queasy. I fall to the ground and pass out on her bedroom floor. She gets on her knees beside me and asked "Are you okay?" Murdoc and Russel kick open the door and say "What happened?" They see me and Paula picked me up. She ran to the Geep and got in the driver's seat. She looked for the keys but she couldn't find them. Joseph realized what was happening and tossed the corvette keys to Paula who catches them and picks me up. She carefully sets me down in the front passenger seat and starts the corvette up. The corvette roars with life and she speeds out of the drive way and through the front gates. She was speeding through the streets when she makes a sharp turn into the hospital parking lot. She parks perfectly in between a pickup and a minivan then grabs me and runs into the hospital. A doctor sees her running towards the check in desk and says "I'll help. What's wrong with her?" Paula shrugs and said "I don't know! She just passed out!" The doctor checked my pulse and said "I think she may have had a minor heart attack. We need to perform surgical procedure on her legs because she is not supposed to be that tall." He looked around and yelled for a nurse. When the nurse comes she saw me and said "Yes doc?" the doctor said "Take her straight to the fifth surgery room on the left." she nodded and grabbed a stretcher. She put me on the stretcher and then pushes me down a bright hallway. I was barely peeking out of my partially closed eyes. It hurt to move. What did he say about surgery? I thought. We got to the room and the nurse put me on the surgery table. I feel like a dead body in a morgue. I thought as the nurse left. I sat up wincing in pain. The doctor comes in and sees me sitting up. "How are you feeling?" I look at him and say "It hurts!" He chuckles and says "Yeah. I have to perform surgery on your legs." I smile and lay back down. "You have to take off your shorts, but not your underwear." I sigh and pull the short shorts off. He puts a mask over my mouth and it spurts gas at me. I fall asleep again.

------10 years later------

I wake up and look at my legs. They were back to normal and I was happy about that. Murdoc and Joseph walk in and they were holding presents. They see me awake and say softly "Happy birthday again sister." I smile and Paula comes in and hugs me. I guess I found her sweet side. Her eyes were bloodshot and puffy like she had been crying. I look at her and ask "What's wrong?" "Stuart dumped me because I cheated on him with Murdoc. I shouldn't have done that." I slap her and say "Don't dwell in the past stay in the present and think of the future!"