strained love

It's 9:30. I'm sitting alone in my room. Noodle and I haven't been getting along. 2D wishes he could help and Russel has been trying his best to calm her down. My eyes are bloodshot, my nose is running, and my hands are coated in tears.

Then a soft knock on my bedroom door startles me. "Skylar... Can I come in please?" Came a soft voice from behind the door.

"Y-yeah." I rush to the door and pull it open. 2D stands there and he reaches a hand out and places it on my cheek, his thumb rubbing the trails the tears left on my skin.

"Poor thing." He says as I let him in. "I came in to try and... ya know what no I'm not going to do that. I'm going to make you happy again."

I sigh, "Stu... I... maybe we should not be together anymore. Noodle loves you... and with me here it kind of... complicates everything."

"What are you saying?" His voice is sad and his face puzzled.

"Stu, I'm leaving." I say, motioning to a suitcase on the bed. "I'm packed up and ready to leave."

"You're leaving? Are you coming back?" He's scared, worried, and upset.

"No, Stu. I'm sorry."

"I... I'm going too." He says, standing straight.

"No, Stu... Stay here. They need you." I say trying to sound strong and failing.

He frowns and he yells, "Fine go! It's not like I needed you anyway!"

Shocked, I grab my suitcase and hold back tears as I walk out of the room. "Goodbye then."

"Wait..." He grabs my wrist, spins me around and plants a kiss onto my lips, tears streaming down his face.

When he lets me go, I turn and I walk out.

When I'm far enough away, I collapse onto my knees in the middle of the sidewalk, crying. People stopped and stared, then left. I sat there for an hour, crying. Then I stand up and head for the airport.

"Where a'e ya goin' miss?" The woman behind the desk asks me.

"Anywhere that's away from 'ere please." I say, pulling on my jacket.

"Is Ame'ica good?"

"Bloody hell yes! Just give me a ticket!" I snap.

"Awlroit, love, ca'm down." The woman says, putting her hands up.

"Sowry... I... I'm just runnin' from my past is all..."

"Oi, I understand tha'."

She hands me the ticket and I rush for the flight.