-4-

-Wes-

Ugh! He's such an asshole. He wants me to 'think about it'. Think about what? Hooking up with him? Being gay? He acted like that's easy. What, is he going to let a take him out for a test drive or something? Like there is any way in Hell I'd change my mind. And how dare he not believe I'm straight. I know my sexuality.

Now I'm just in a bad mood. I came to the gym to take my mind off everything, yet he decided to show and be a stalker. I thought I made myself clear when I picked my car up Tuesday.

I need advice. Maybe I could call to Alyx about it... I feel like I could. I wouldn't tell him about my perverted thought that started this whole thing, but I could tell him about Ryland being interested. I wonder what he'd say.

I roll my eyes. Alyx has the same amount of experience I do. Plus, he's always been obsessed with Amaya. It's not like he's going to have any advice on liking a guy.

I widen my eyes at my thought. No. I don't like him. I'm just... intrigued by him. Forget it. There's no way I can talk to Alyx about it. If I do, he might end up thinking I'm gay, and I don't want that.

I hurry home and take a shower before plopping down on my bed. I rub the towel through my hair, drying it when my phone rings. I see Alyx's name. I hesitate answering, trying to decide if I want to bring up Ryland to him. I'll see why he's even calling first.

"What's up?" I ask.

"Hey. Uh, you busy?"

"No. Just chilling at home. Why?"

"I need to talk to you about something," he says, instantly making me nervous.

"What is it?"

"So, uh, Claire showed up at my house a few minutes ago."

"What?" She's only been to Alyx's once, and that was when I had her with me. I only stopped by to pick up my controller I left, but I used the chance to introduce them. That was when her and I first got together, though. Why does she even remember where he lives? And what made her think it was okay to go bother him? I told her not to bother me or my family. Alyx is included in that.

"Yeah. She asked me to get you to talk to her. I told her I couldn't make you if you didn't want to, but she wanted me to tell you she was sorry. She wants to meet you tomorr-"

I cut him off, pissed again. "What the hell? She won't leave me alone, and now she's harassing my friend? I just-" I clench my teeth together. I can't believe her. I just told her I was done with her.

"I mean, I wouldn't say harassing. She didn't come off like that." Well, she was.

"I don't care. Just because I'm ignoring her doesn't mean she can go bother the people in my life. I'm sorry about her, man."

"No, it's okay. I was just passing along the message. She wants to meet you at the place you met tomorrow night at seven." The park? What? Did she think getting me in the place I fell for her at will change my mind?

"Kay. Not going to happen but whatever."

"She drove through this storm just to ask me about you. She seemed pretty desperate. I feel like you should at least talk to her, Wes."

God, is everyone determined to piss me off today? "Yeah? Why don't you worry about your own relationship instead of telling me what I should with mine?" I instantly regret the words, but he doesn't know what I'm going through. If he did, he wouldn't be telling that.

"I... I'm sorry. It's just... you two were together for a while. Are you sure you want to throw it away over an argument?"

I scoff. "An argument? Is that what she said?" I let a laugh of disbelief out.