-27-

A/N- Sorry for the late update! I've been a little sick (my tonsils are inflamed), and I lost a little motivation not making it into the Watty's. I wasn't trying to neglect my readers, I swear. I know I've taken longer breaks before, but I still apologize for being a week late. I hope you enjoy this chapter!!

-Wes-

After leaving Ryland's, I dreaded going back home. I know I'm going to have to apologize when I really don't want to. I didn't do anything wrong. Thankfully, Grandma was gone when I got home. Mom was up waiting for me, though.

"Why the hell did you speak to her like that, Wesley?" Mom asks, following me into my room.

"I don't know," I say with a shrug before sitting down on the edge of my bed.

"It was really rude. We haven't seen her in so long, and now she's probably not going to want to come back if that's how she's going to get treated."

Rude? "She was the one being rude. Gossiping about people like she's perfect."

Mom lets a sigh out. "You know how she is, Wesley. She's always liked to talk about other people. It's something I had to accept a long time ago."

"She can talk about people all she wants, but she didn't have to be homophobic."

"I want to talk about that, by the way," she says, coming over to take a seat beside me. "Why did you get so upset about the whole thing?"

I obviously can't tell her the truth, nor do I want to mention Ryland being bi to her. I mean, having a friend that's gay would be a pretty good explanation for why I made a scene. But still, I don't want to use Ryland as that friend. I've been hanging out with him so much. She might start to wonder if something's going on between us.

Theo suddenly pops into my head. I wouldn't exactly call him a friend, considering we just met this morning and he's the reason I got mad at Ryland, even if it was mainly my fault. I also don't go to school with him, but for some reason, the lie starts rolling off my lips.

"Because I made a new friend, and he happens to be gay. He and his boyfriend already get picked on enough at school, so it just made me mad having to hear my own grandma speak bad about people like him." I glance at Mom out of the corner of my eye. "Has she always been like that?"

"Yeah. It's how my grandparents raised her."

"What about you? Did she raise you like that?"

"Basically, but I never really saw anything wrong with it. And as a nurse, you're not allowed to discriminate against anyone, so that kind of became a part of my everyday life. Plus, I don't really care what others do. Like you said, people shouldn't be hated for who they love."

Hope begins to fill me as I listen to her words. She agrees with me? Okay, I'm kind of convinced Mom wouldn't hate me if she found out. I almost want to tell her, but if I tell her, she'll tell Dad. And I don't want to bother him while he's on his business trip.

I'll do it when he gets back.

Yeah. I'll tell them then.

~

*A little mature stuff mentioned throughout the chapter

If I had to use a word to describe how I feel right now, it would be 'miserable'. Though Mom agreed with me about the argument with Grandma, I still got in trouble for running out and leaving without my phone. I haven't gotten to see Ryland in a week and four days. I miss him.

I think I want to have sex the next time I see him. I think I could handle it now. Despite how miserable I felt, it didn't stop me from practicing. I've managed two of my fingers, and it doesn't even hurt at all anymore getting them in. I've even been getting off while doing it, but... it doesn't feel as good. And I have no idea where my prostate is. I tried to find it, but I just think I can't reach it. And it fucking sucks.