-21-

*Drug warning. And mature talk, I guess. (mentions of boners and being horny. The usual.)

-Wes-

"I have a question now," Ryland announces. I lock my phone back and glance up to him. "If it wasn't because of the weather and I asked you to stay, what would you have said?"

"I would've said no," I tell him, looking away. I think I would. I mean, I already thought it might come to this tonight, but I still planned to go home. But honestly... I don't know if I would've denied him if he asked me face to face.

"Really?"

I shrug. "Probably."

His head slightly turns. "So, you don't really want to stay? You're just doing it because you have to?"

Well, when he puts it like that... "I would leave right now if I didn't want to."

He nods. "I'll take that. Though you could just admit you want to stay with me. Like I said, you don't have to twist your words around me. The simple answer is fine."

"The simple answer makes it more embarrassing."

"Wanting to be here with me is embarrassing?" he asks, pulling his brows together.

"N-No." Heat already makes its way to my face. "It's just embarrassing to easily admit it because then I'm basically telling you that you have an effect on me."

"Oh." His eyes light up after hearing that, a smirk tugging at his lips. "But I do, don't I?

"Yeah, but why would I stroke your ego more?"

He's sporting a full blown smirk now. "You're really stroking it now."

His words make my face feel hotter. "That sounds dirty."

"Wes being dirty minded again? I'm not surprised."

God, if only he knew what I did all week, what I watched... "No, I'm not."

His hand suddenly lifts, coming closer to my face. His thumb touches my cheek, softly rubbing the skin there. "What did I say before? When you're all red like this, it's usually because you're embarrassed, and you're usually embarrassed when you're having dirty thoughts."

"It's not like that," I say, pulling his hand away from my face.

"Well, you can tell me what you're thinking, whether it is or not."

"Fine. I want to stay. Happy?"

"Yeah, very much," he says with a smug smile.

"Am I stroking it even more?"

He laughs and nods his head. "Yeah."

"So, uh, since I'm staying, where am I sleeping?"

"You can sleep in here with me if you want."

"Yeah, no."

"I thought you'd say that, though I wouldn't do anything. You know that. But I'll sleep on the couch tonight. You can have my bed." I don't want to sleep in his bed. I don't think I'd even be able to go to sleep that engulfed in his scent.

"No, I want the couch," I say, standing up to go to it.

"Wait. We don't have to go to sleep yet," he says, grabbing my wrist before quickly letting it go. "Unless you're tired."

I ease back down in the spot I was sitting in. "I'm not really."

"Then let's hang out a little more."

"Okay."

"Another game?"

"Sure."

"Uh, I have another question," he says, while setting a new game up.