-25-

-Wes-

When I wake up, I hear the slight muffling of voices. I open my eyes to see the bed empty. Is he in the kitchen talking to himself or something? I check my phone to see it's only seven. Why is he up so early?

I climb out of bed before stepping out into the hall. I bring my hand up to brush my fingers through my hair that I'm sure is a mess before letting a yawn out. I'm still pretty tired.

Right when I come to the end of the hall, I see Ryland but also two other guys standing with him near the door. One is on the shorter side with dirty blonde hair that's put up in a short ponytail. The other appears to be taller than Ryland with a messy mop of black hair on his head. They're both dressed in hoodies and pants, though the shorter one's jeans are more on the skinny side with how tight they look. Hmm. They must be some of Ryland's friends.

"Just come back later. I'll get it then," Ryland says in a rushed tone.

"Why, though?" the shorter one asks, crossing his arms. His eyes suddenly flicker over to mine. "Oh. I get it now."

Ryland's head whips around to see me. I swallow hard, feeling a little self-conscious with everyone's eyes on me.

"It's not what it looks like!" Ryland instantly says when he turns back to face them.

Only then do I realize how it looks. It's very obvious that I slept over with the clothes I'm wearing and how early it is. Plus, I'm sure my hair is a wreck. And if they know where his room is, it's obvious I just came from out of there.

"Mhmm," the shorter one hums with a smirk.

"It's really not. He's just a friend that I let crash here last night. Don't try to twist it into something it's not." Damn. He sounds so serious I almost believed him.

"Well, who is he? You haven't mentioned a new friend."

He lets a sigh out before looking back at me. "Wes, these are my friends, Jared," he points to the quiet, tall one before moving his hand toward the short one. "-and Theo. And this is Wes," he tells them.

Jared gives me a nod of his head while Theo gives me a big smile before saying, "Hi. It's nice to meet you."

I clear my throat before speaking up. "Uh, you too."

"Well, now that we know why you didn't want us here, did you want it or not?" Theo asks, looking back at Ryland. "I'm considering charging you for it now since you're making this so difficult." What are they talking about? What is he giving Ryland?

"I want it," he says with a sigh.

"Then help Jared go get it. I'm going to stay here and get to know your friend." It's obvious by his tone he doesn't believe Ryland's lie.

"Don't make him uncomfortable," he warns before slipping his feet into his shoes.

"What? Does he not like raging homos?" His eyes meet mine, probably to see what reaction I have. So they're gay too. I wonder if they're a couple then. I mean, they would look good together.

Before I can deny his question, Ryland answers for me. "No. You're just a little much."

His jaw drops. "Fuck you. You're not getting shit from me now."

"Settle down," Jared finally speaks, putting his hand on Theo's shoulder. "Let's go get it, Ry."

Ryland glances at me first, and I can see the apology in his eyes from here. He looks away and nods to Jared who follows him out of the door, leaving it cracked.

Theo doesn't waste any time coming over to me. "Come sit on the couch with me." He hooks his arm around my elbow and forcefully pulls me to it. Okay, he's not shy at all. He plops us down on the couch and crosses one leg over the other before propping on his hand to lean closer to me. "So, you're Ryland's new friend?"