-34-

-Wes-

Ryland kept his word and was at my house to pick me up this morning. He looked so good, too. I think I stared at him the whole ride. He caught me a few times but surprisingly didn't tease me about it. We honestly didn't even say much. Just 'good morning' and a little bit of small talk before we said bye when we arrived. He drove me all the way up to the front this time, too. And although I was nervous about Alyx catching me, I didn't see him anywhere in the parking lot. I found him in the cafeteria eating breakfast, and he never brought it up. So I'm assuming he didn't see.

As bad as it makes me feel, I'm hoping he can stay grounded a little longer, so I don't have to tell him yet. I can't help it. Even though we don't get to actually hang out while he's grounded, I still get to call him a friend. Not knowing if that's going to stay the same after makes me want to hide it longer.

Before even half the day is over with, I've decided I wanted to do it again after school. Seeing how good he looked this morning helped make that decision. How I'm going to go about getting it though is a problem. I mean, I was the one that asked last time. But now that I've had it... asking him again is so embarrassing. But I really want it.

Five minutes in fifth period really ruined those plans for me. Emma explained the requirements of this project, how it's apparently a huge percentage of our grade, and she wants us to take it seriously. Including working on it every day after school this week.

"Sound good?" she asks. "We can go to my place this time."

"Uh, yeah. I guess that works. I don't have my car, though."

"That's fine. You can ride with me. I'll wait by the front for you."

"Okay, thanks." Realizing that means Ryland can't come get me, I send him a quick text telling him not to worry about it, that I'm working on the project with Emma.

"By the way, why weren't you here yesterday?"

"I didn't feel that great," I mumble, keeping the same lie.

"Are you better now? I don't want to get sick."

"Yeah, I'm good."

"Okay. Let's go ahead and decide how we're going to do this." She starts naming off a few ideas, and I listen until my phone buzzes. I glance down at it in my lap to see Ryland's reply.

'Ok.'

I furrow my brows at his text. Okay, he's obviously not happy. 'Don't be mad. You can still give me rides in the mornings.'

'Don't let her seduce you.' My mouth slightly gapes at his text. He's an idiot. I'm literally bummed out I don't get to fuck him today, and he's scared she'll convert me back. I mentally roll my eyes.

Hmm. I shouldn't call him an idiot. Looking at it from his perspective, I was straight before. I guess I'd be worried about me being alone with a girl, too. But Emma... she's not appealing to me like that. Honestly, no girl has been lately. Only him...

'Don't worry about that.'

'It's hard not to.'

'Do you not trust me?'

'I do.'

'Good. You don't have anything to worry about then.'

"Who are you texting?" Emma suddenly asks, making me quickly lock my phone.

"Why?"

"Because you're texting them instead of listening to me, so I'm just curious."

"More like nosy," I mumble, the moment bringing me Deja vu from our first project.