ii| Karting

Italics: Finnish

●▬▬▬▬▬ ⋆🧊🇫🇮 ⋆ ▬▬▬▬▬●

ᴺᴼᵂ ᴾᴸᴬᵞᴵᴺᴳ : Thunderstruck

"Rode down the highway

Broke the limit, we hit the town"

It seemed fitting that a person labelled as the iceman would end up in a colder country. Considering that a lot of people in his ex-profession decided in Monaco due to the favourable tax conditions and reputation, Switerzland wasn't always the first choice.

Kimi wasn't the only Formula One driver who resided in Switzerland for just an hour away, Sebastian Vettel lived in Thurgau. Kimi never felt like he made many friends within the sport but Sebastian had always been one, that's the reason why he was Anneli's godfather.

Sebastian never took that for granted either, he treated Anneli as well as one of his kids.

Even if Anneli wasn't his goddaughter, everyone knew that Sebastian had a habit of making sure anyone he met was safe and cared for.  Sebastian was there for Anneli's races when Kimi couldn't be. She'd miss that when he retired since Anneli didn't expect him to fly out to her races, especially when her own mother only did so once a year.

Anneli didn't see her mother, Jenni Väänänen, that often. She lived in Finland so Anneli would have to purposely fly out to see her no matter if she were home or finishing a race weekend. Anneli flew to Finland to see her twice a year and her mother went to the occasional race. They didn't have a bond like Anneli did with her father.

On the other hand, Anneli got on well with her stepmother. Minttu had been around since Anneli was 9 years old so it almost felt like she grew up with two mothers. Minttu always treated Anneli like her own, which Jenni had never liked. With travelling so often throughout her entire life, Anneli liked to know she had three parents to fall back on. 

"Anneli, what are you doing?" Minttu questioned as she caught her stepdaughter staring at the wall.

"Waiting."

"Waiting for what?" Minttu added kindly.

"Robin, I promised him that I would take him to practice karting if he left me alone yesterday. He did," Anneli replied honestly. "Dad said it was okay."

"Okay," Minttu replied. "Where is your dad?"

"I don't know."

She trusted Anneli. Her stepdaughter was always honest, though a little blunt, and incredibly responsible. Besides,Anneli was amazing big sister and no one could deny that.