Xii| A father's threat

"What about love?"
Finnish: Italics

All was calm in the Räikkonen household

Kimi sat in his living room with his family around him. His son, Robin, was playing guess who with his wife, Minttu. Sebastian Vettel was telling Kimi about what he and his family were planning and Mick was watching Rianna draw as he listened to the conversation.

"I told Anneli that I did not like her boyfriend," said Kimi to Sebastian.

"Why did you do that?" Sebastian asked, raising an eyebrow.

"She needed to know that she isn't with him enough to see what he really like and he does not respect her," Kimi spoke angrily. "He doesn't even really care about her."

"He didn't come to the party with her and she was mad at him," Mick added.

"See!" Kimi threw his hands up. "He only cares about himself and my Anneli does not deserve that."

"He was a little...off," Sebastian half-agreed.

"Giovanni said I am overreacting but I am not," Kimi concluded, referring to his former teammate and friend.

"Shouldn't Neli be here by now?" Mick questioned.

"She is normally late from snowboarding," Minttu shrugged. "Elijah drives very slow, she says."

Just as Minttu finished talking, the alarm system notified them that someone was pulling up the drive. Recognising it to be Elijah's care, Kimi, Sebastian and Mick went to wait for Anneli and him.

Except Anneli wasn't there.

It was an incredibly drunk Elijah, stumbling towards the door with a posture that screamed that he shouldn't have even been driving. His face was full of rage, blood and heartbreak as he pointed his hand in Kimi's direction.

"Your stupid daughter broke my nose!" He screamed.

"Where is Anneli?" Sebastian intervened calmly.

"Hopefully at the bottom of a cliff after she embarrassed me! said I was the one who didn't care but she's off driving herself into danger every weekend—"

Before anyone could stop him, Kimi Räikkonen had grabbed Elijah by the collar and shoved him up against his car.

"Where is my daughter, who the hell do you think you are?" He growled. "I swear I will kill you."

"Kimi, no," said Sebastian as he pulled Kimi's shoulder. "He's drunk."

"He left my daughter alone at night with a snowboard, Seb!" Kimi yelled. "I know her, I know she'll get angry and act like she had no bones to break!"

"We'll go find her," Mick suggested quickly.

"Put him down, Kimi," Minttu warned in Finnish. "I will make sure he gets home. Go and find Nel."