XiX| The hike

"Be running up that Hill."

"Stop whining!"

"Stop whining!"

"If I fall, you'll be the one crying!"

"You wanted to hike in the first place!"

"I wanted a nice and peaceful hike, not Anneli Raikonnen's hike of intense doom!" Felipe replied, crossing his arms.

They were halfway up hiking up the snowy mountain and Felipe Drugavitch was starting to understand how his style of hiking differs from that of Anneli's.

Jack Doohen, Anneli's Australian best friend, couldn't stop laughing at the two of them. He had hiked with Anneli before so he knew exactly what she was like but it wasn't until this year that he and Felipe became friends through her. 

"Come on Felipe, it's good for muscle!" Anneli said happily.

"I hate you," Felipe groaned.

"You love me," Anneli teased.

It was always Felipe that brought out the more light side of Anneli and Jack always brought out her sarcastic side. The three of them were almost like siblings and one could assume they'd been friends all of their life.

"You're insane!" Felipe huffed as he continued hiking.

"I do agree there," Jack laughed.

"You're both dramatic," Anneli replied with an eye roll. "Felipe, i expected you to like this!"

"I do when it is chill!" Felipe replied. "You look like you are on a mission!"

As they made it further up the mountain, the more relieved Felipe felt. Anneli began to slow down a little so the other two could keep up. It was hilarious if you were to tell a random outsider, that a Finnish woman could beat a Brazilian man to hike a mountain. Of course, Anneli had trained and trained and was incredibly well-built and tall, so she did quite well.

When they finally made it to the top, Felipe let out a happy laugh. Anneli grinned at him as Jack yawned.

"We were quicker than I thought," said Anneli, checking her watch. "Good."

"You are officially crazy," Jack laughed.

Truth be told, Anneli missed racing. Most of her life revolved around it and while she liked the odd moments away from it, three months was just too much. She liked the stability of racing even though she adored her family.

⋯⋯⋯⋯⊱🧊⊰⋯⋯⋯⋯

"Who are you texting, Ice cube?" Felipe asked as he leaned over.

They were on their way to the Race of Champions just a day after hiking up a mountain. Jack had decided to be a last-minute guest and tag along with them too in order to 'keep Anneli from being lonely' but Anneli knew he just wanted to spend time with them as well, especially when Felipe wouldn't be around the grid.