Chapter 6

[Kaito's POV]

It's been a year since the Raiden Ryoma fall incident. Everything has been going smoothly for all of us. Mei's condition is getting better although some students still talk bad things about her and her father in secrets while some other students decided not to mess around with her knowing that they will be dealing with me and Kiana.

Right now, I'm currently at my apartment reading my mom's old Poetry book because I don't have anything to do at the moment. I stopped reading for a moment and leaned my body on my comfy couch.

A lot of things have been going on since I arrived here from knowing Mei, meeting Kiana in an unexpected way, protecting Mei, and other things. But, one moment that still lingers in my mind is that familiar figure from last year.

"That figure... It looks really familiar..." As I said that my mind replayed something from the past.

My phone suddenly rang, I picked it up and saw that a message had pop-up on my lockscreen.

Mei: Kaito, are you online ?

It was from Mei, specifically through the messaging app notification. So, I tapped the notification bar and opened my lock screen before being directed to the app with her chat already on it. Then, I sent her a simple response.

Kaito : Yes.

Mei : Ah, thank god. I wanted to go to the library but since.... Sato-san has fallen ill, I have no other choice but to walk there.

Kaito : I see.

Mei: And so, because of that... Wait, before that, are you currently free, right now?

Kaito: Huh? Yeah, I am. Why?

Mei : Can you accompany me ?

My eyes widened a bit at her question but I quickly answered her message.

Kaito : Yes, I can.

Mei : Then, I will meet you at the Park

I lowered my phone and went to my room to change my clothes into a better one.

[Timeskip, Mei's POV]

I am waiting for Kaito to come. It's still hard to believe that I asked Kaito to accompany me... although I want to say something later to him.

The park is usually crowded but right now only few people pass by. Maybe because it's Sunday today?

"Mei!" I heard a familiar voice, and it was Kaito

"Sorry to make you wait, I was having a bad time deciding what to wear," he said, apologizing with an apologetic smile.

"It's fine," I said to him.

"Anyway... Why are you asking me to accompany you ? You could've asked Kiana," he asked me.

"Well... If I ask Kiana she will probably whine or just fall asleep, and also, I wanted to read some books about Poetries." I laughed awkwardly and Kaito made a surprised expression.

Seeing his expression made me confused.

"Is there something wrong Kaito ?"

"Ah, no... It's just.. You wanted to read some Poetries surprised me because I never thought that you were interested in that."

"Well, I read some Poetries on the internet back then and it got me all interested," I explained with a smile.

"Anyway... Let us go to the library," I continued.