Chapter 15

[Kaito's POV]

2 months have passed since our arrival on St. Freya. Things are going pretty well for us, except for Kiana's grades that I had to constantly spend the entire night teaching her, and sometimes I change shifts with Alan and Mei.

I've got plenty of new techniques due to constant training by myself and sometimes, I taught Mei about some of my old moves that my father used to teach me.

Alan and I have been sparring more and more and as time goes our style of fighting has gone more and more serious and different due to our own training. But it doesn't change the fact that sometimes we got injured by it and ended up being scolded by Kiana and Mei.

Right now, I, along with the others, am on a mission in Guangzhou, China, and it has been 10 days since our arrival.

"Waiter, bring me another basket of Ma Ti cake," Kiana said.

I sighed. At times like this, is all that she can think of is just eating ?

Soon enough, the waiter came back to us and put down one basket on our table. I thanked her and went back to drinking my tea.

Yes, we are in a restaurant with lots of families, couples, and other people. I must say, it's quite lively here compared to what I've been through a few years before.

"Hmmm~~ Himeko, pass me another plate of those Durian Puffs," Kiana handed her plate towards Himeko and Himeko gave her what she wanted.

I glanced at Fu Hua, who was reading something from a tablet.

"What are you reading Fu Hua ?" I asked her.

"An old scroll about the Xuanyuan sword," she said.

"It's been 10 days and there's not a single external clue about Jiuling from the scroll, 'in the classic of mountains and the sea'," I said.

"But there might be a hidden message in that sentence that we missed," Fu Hua swiped her tablets again.

"Himeko-sensei, is there any remaining lead that we can find about that sword ?" I asked her.

"Unfortunately not, Kaito, and I'm more pissed about this scroll because it contains a recipe for Ma Ti Cake," Himeko said angrily.

"Are you sure that you didn't pick the wrong scroll ?" I checked.

"No! I've double checked it before and this is the same scroll that I got from the old antique shop near here," Himeko answered.

"Hmmm~~ This place will definitely go on my 'must visit restaurant list'," Kiana said while munching.

"*sigh* Kiana... Can you stop thinking about eating just for once and help us figure out about Jiuling whereabout," I said.

The reason we are in Guangzhou here is because principal Theresa had some incident due to her fighting a Pseudo Herrscher, that eventually led to her awakening her own Stigmata.

Theresa wanted to transfer the Stigmata to Himeko - sensei due to her having an artificial stigmata that causes some negative effects on her body. That is why Theresa gave her an old scroll that led us to this place to find the Xuanyan Sword, the sword that was once held by the Golden Emperor, Ji Xuanyan.

"Hmmm ? But the food here is delicious Kaito! You should try some!" Kiana said with a mouthful.

"We're here for a mission not for the culinary tour Kiana..." I held the temple of my head.

"Tch!" Himeko's hand landed on the table not too loud.

"Why is this scroll containing only information about the Ma Ti cake recipe? While the rest of Jiuling is not written..." Himeko said in frustration.