Chapter 18

[3rd POV]

Squad V mission on Guangzhou was proven lost in their last mission, however Chiyou has been stopped thanks to Kaito who completely destroyed its heart with the Xuanyan. And despite that Murata Himeko and Hasakawa Kaito have gone unconscious with Himeko in ICU being treated due to the amount of Honkai radiation. Kaito who tried to use Xuanyan, ended up unconscious due to the power of the sword being too much for his body to handle and currently resting in St. Freya pharmacy.

Right now Kiana, Alan, and Mei were having dinner but Kiana seemed different. She didn't even touch her food, while usually asking for another serving already, probably the fourth by that point. Seeing that only made Mei, Bronya, and Alan worry.

"Don't worry Kiana, I'm sure that Kaito and Himeko are alright." Alan assured her.

Mei who is looking at Kiana also felt the same sense if worry to Himeko but when she thought about Kaito's condition her mind went to the incident where she found Kaito unconscious with a weak vital sign in Guangzhou. She felt fear crawling on her heart when she realized his condition, but thankfully Hyperion medical team came in quick and treated him, yet the fear on her heart didn't wear off until now.

"Have faith Kiana-chan, St. Freya has lots of advanced medical technologies so i'm sure that they will be fine" Mei tried to assure Kiana, doing her best to hide her own fear.

*Creak!*

They heard the dorm's door open revealing Theresa standing.

"I have news for the three of you, the ICU just called me a minute ago... Major Himeko is...-"

Theresa's words made everyone go silent and the atmosphere around them became tense. They feared the worst scenario that could happen to Himeko.

"Is on her way to full recovery!!" Theresa's expression changed to a happy one and the three of them breathed out in relief hearing that.

"Ah! Principal Theresa, what about Kaito ? Is he ok ?" Mei asked Theresa with a hint of worry.

"He is alright and currently resting, I just checked on him a few moments ago so don't worry Mei" Theresa's words calmed Mei.

"Thank goodness" Mei sighed in relief, like all of her worry just melted away.

"In the meantime let us celebrate with this bitter melon juice." Theresa grabbed a glass bottle of the juice making Alan and Mei let out an awkward smile and so did Bronya in her expressionless face, yet Kiana still sat in silence while looking down.

"Try it!" Theresa offered the juice towards the three.

"I think I will have to pass on that" Alan politely declined Theresa's offer.

"The Bronya will drink it!" Bronya said, taking the bottle and chugging it.

Theresa looked at Kiana who just remained silent, she walked to her, tugging her on the side.

"Kiana ?" Kiana looked away, making Theresa confused.

Then she spoke up,

"It's because of me that Himeko and Kaito are like this, it is because of my carelessness that Himeko almost died." Kiana sadly said.

"It's alright Kiana, all you need is just to train more" Theresa said to her

"I promised my old man to protect everything that I hold dear and yet I almost let Himeko and Kaito near the edge of death" Kiana continued.

Alan looked at Kiana with a little sorrow on his face, same as Mei and Bronya did.

He walked towards Kiana and landed his hand on her shoulder.