Chapter 25

[Alan's POV]

Selene has been escorted to St. Freya for further examination and Bronya has taken a psychological test due to her strange behavior at Selene but the medical staff said that the air and situation inside Selene were affecting her mind and made her become like that. It is weekend, and there is no mission to attend and just usual school stuff.

"You beat me again!" Kiana scoffed.

And yeah I'm literally playing a game with Kiana and it's my 3rd streak winning against her.

"Get good Tuna" I smirked.

"Hmmppphhh!!! How do you keep beating me, even though I rarely see you playing games?!" Kiana asked.

"I played this game a dozen times with Bronya" I replied.

"Eh? You played it with Bronya? Since when?!" She sounded surprised a bit.

"When you were out on a mission or wanders around, I always play with Bronya since she needs a partner for games" I explained.

"That explains a lot..." Kiana said.

I just chuckled.

"Say, Alan."

"Hm?"

"You got adopted by your Matushka and joined Anti-Entropy since what age ?" Kiana asked that out of the blue.

"I was adopted when I was 4 and joined the Entropy squad when I was 7. I was a scout and not much of a fighter because I just started training." I explained with a glimpse of memories playing in my mind.

"7? You were that young?! Unbelievable!" Kiana's jaw dropped.

"I know, but I decided to join and at first Matushka disagreed with me but after pleading countless times, she finally agreed and thus I started working for them and they taught me all sorts of combat tactics including sword practices and firearms."

"No wonder your technique looks experienced and also I've been meaning to ask this, Rebellion," Kiana asked again.

"Well... It's... Complicated" I said.

"Complicated like what ?"

"All I can say is... My mom gave me this sword for my protection and vice versa and I don't know how did she manage to get Rebellion" I said again.

"Ohhh... That's how... And Alan, how was your mom? Like how is she when she was still alive?" Kiana asked me.

I was about to speak but suddenly a bitter memory about that 'day' played in my mind again and I shushed my mouth. Kiana realized this and immediately apologized.

"Sorry... I shouldn't have asked."

"it's alright..."

"Oh, Kiana. Can I ask you about your past ?" I said.

"Sure, I don't mind. Which one that you want to ask?" She answered.

"How about your childhood until you met Kaito" I asked.

"Alright, Well... When I was a kid I lived with my dad in a cabin inside a forest. My father usually went out to kill some Honkais and other work stuff the he had to attend to and when he slept. He always murmurs about my name and another one called 'Cecilia' and I assume that it is my mother's name." Kiana told.

"Your mother?" I asked her again.

"Yeah, I only lived with my dad. He said that my mother already died a long time ago." She explained.

"Oh, sorry to hear that," I said with condolences.

"It's fine" She smiled.

"Anyway after that when I was eight or seven... I don't remember correctly, there was a huge Honkai beast attacking my home. I helped my old man and did something unexpected that made me faint and when I woke up I only realized that he already left me with some stuff. That stupid old man left me and because of that I started exploring all places to find him and eventually kicked his ass" She clenched her hand with anger visible on her face.