Chapter 10

[Alan's POV]

After cleaning, Himeko-sensei showed us our own room. After that we had dinner, and after dinner, everyone went to their rooms. Well, except for me, who wanted to stay on the balcony for a while, enjoying the night sky. Come to think of it, it's rare for me to have a peaceful night without thinking of any errands or jobs. Suddenly, my phone's notification's rang and when I picked it up from my pocket, I saw an anonymous message.

'Are you alright ? I can't contact you for a few hours. And also, Bronya, is she alright ?'

I immediately replied after seeing it

'Me and Bronya are fine, we are at St. Freya.'

'St. Freya ? I assume that both of you are safe from Honkai, then.'

I felt relieved when she typed that.

'Oh, and also, we plan to enroll here.'

There was a pause before she continued to type again

'Why ?! Why did you want to enroll there ?'

'It's because Principal Theresa wanted us to and I can't decline it. Also I met someone interesting other than the Herrscher, Raiden Mei.'

'Who is it, to be exact ?'

'Kaito'

Somehow, I can feel her shock when I typed that and I was expecting it since it's been a few years since Kaito left the orphanage because of her.

'I see... So, you met Kaito.'

'Yeah... And he was not happy seeing me, and you probably know why.'

'I do, but anyway, since you wanted to enroll there, I wanted you to gather as much information as you can.'

Now the part that I was expecting has finally come.

'Not gonna happen!'

I typed it without hesitation.

'Sorry ?'

'I don't want to be involved in your plan again. And if I rethink it, you always ordered me and Bronya, so that's why I'd rather not be involved with you from now on.'

I typed.

'And don't even think about ordering Bronya to spy.'

'But it's for Seele, don't you want to bring her back ?'

"I do, but not like this.'

Before she typed any further I deleted the number, that way she will never contact me again.

"*Yawn* Man, I'm really tired... I will tell Bronya tomorrow about this. For now, I wanna lay down on a soft bed." I said and headed to my room.

[Next day]

I woke up because of a knock at my door.

"Kaito, is it you ?" I wiped my eyes.

"It's me, Mei, wake up, we have a class to attend and Himeko-sensei said that the uniform is in the wardrobe in your room." She said.

"Alright, I'm going to get ready and thanks for the tip. I'll be downstairs in a few minutes," I said while getting up from the bed.

"Ok," Mei walked away.

'Well first day at an academy, what could go wrong?'

I went to the bathroom to freshen up and put on the uniform. It's just a plain simple white uniform with a coat.