Chapter 27

[3rd POV]

The Emperor advanced toward Kaito and Alan, who swiftly maneuvered to either side. Kaito conjured his spectral swords, launching them through the air, while Alan rapidly drew his double-barrel shotgun and aimed at one of the Emperors.

After a swift exchange, they positioned themselves strategically, Kaito engaging the Emperor from the left and Alan from the right. Soon, Alan managed to destabilize the Emperor by striking their leg. But as he attempted to do a finishing blow, the Emperor retaliated, forcing him back.

"Urgh!"

Fortunately, he found a way to recover by using the training room wall to propel himself backward, he switched his Double barrelled shotgun with his dual guns and shot the Emperor rapidly, though it had barely any effect against the formidable Honkai.

"Even my gun is futile... You're one resilient bastard," remarked Alan.

He safely landed and retrieved Rebellion.

"Guess I'll have to employ Trickster," he said as his eyes glinted, before deftly dodging obstacles and evading the Emperor's beam attacks.

Spotting debris suitable for a jump, he decided to head onto it and jump aiming his gun at the Emperor. But before he could fire, another Emperor lunged with a lance, sending him crashing hard to the ground.

"Argh!!" He groaned, staggering to stand on his feet.

He faced the two Emperors preparing a massive attack but was saved by Kaito's intervention. Kaito wounded one emperor, causing it to step back allowing him to fire his Spectral blades at the other Emperor before landing safely beside Alan.

"My savior," quipped Alan.

"We have three Emperors. Handling one requires three people, yet we're just two and lack the firepower," explained Kaito.

"How do we defeat them? Every time I focus on one, another interferes. I knew that I should've brought that rocket launcher from the armory," grumbled Alan.

"Target one first," suggested Kaito.

"What about the third?" inquired Alan.

"We handle that one initially, targeting its limbs or vulnerable spots to incapacitate it momentarily," clarified Kaito.

"Fair enough,".

Together, they charged forward, evading the Emperors' assaults while landing calculated hits.

Finally, they intensified their attacks, delivering a forceful strike to the third Emperor's feet, causing it to collapse to the ground. Turning their attention to the remaining two, they launched a relentless attack.

Kaito, wielding Mirage Edge, scaled the Emperor's body, slashing with precision using Yamato and Mirage Edge.

"Ha!"

His movements were seen a blur as he ascended towards its chest, embedding the Spectral sword and utilizing it as a platform mid-air, before executing a series of slashes that were too fast for onlookers to perceive. Gravity pulled him down, then he sheathed his Katana gracefully as the Emperor's face disintegrated and its body fell.

Alan just went goofing around dodging the emperor's barrage.

"Huh? I know every step of your moves!" He happily said.

He threw Rebellion towards its knees making the Emperor roar followed by a kick from his feet to the Rebellion's grip that hurt it even worse and due to that the Emperor lost its balance and fell flat on the ground.