Chapter 29

[3rd POV]

"Alright! We're approaching ME Corp in 20 minutes," Himeko announced.

It's been 3 days since the incident in New Zealand, where Bronya, who was being controlled by Cocolia, kidnaps Mei and Wendy.

"'Bout time we say hi to our beloved Matushka eh, Kaito ?" Alan said.

Kaito remained silent as he held his Katana tightly,his eyes showed a mixture of anger.

"Kait-"

"Yeah, let's greet our Matushka with the same old treatment she did to us back then," he said as he stood up.

"Wanna join, Kiana ?" Alan diverted his gaze to the twin braided girl.

"Um! Let's go rescue Mei and Wendy before Cocolia does something hideous to them." Kiana nodded and stood up.

"Okay, so we're all good.."

"We need a plan," Kaito said again.

"Figured that you would say that, now it's time for me to reveal the plan I've come up with."

"Spit it out, Pizza man" Kiana exclaimed.

[Timeskip]

The mech scanned around the hallway for any intruders or trespassers. One mech starts walking into another empty area to scout until---

Clank

Clank

Crash!

A mecha arm rolls in front of them, coming out from a corner. The two mechs detected the object and were about to enter sentry mode to troubleshoot the situation. However, before that could happen, a rain of bullets showered upon them, piercing their metal frames in a way akin to a beehive.

Destroyed, the mechs exploded, giving way for a dramatic entrance as Kiana landed on her feet, her dual pistols in her hands.

"You took my moves," Alan came out from another room, holding Rebellion in his hand.

"I was inspired to be exact," She replied.

"That's plagiarism, Kiana.... Maybe I should sue you about that?" Alan joked.

"You even haven't named that technique or made a trademark for it, so you can't sue me about that'' She said with a smug face.

"Fair enough, let's go save Mei and let me deal with Bronya if we encounter her."

"Lead the way, Pizza boy," Kiana said.

"Are you... teasing me ?" Alan stopped for a moment looking at the girl.

"Absolutely not," she said, but deep down she was teasing Alan just for fun.

"Alright... Now come on, we must rush," Alan said and both of them went away.

[Kaito POV]

A satisfying "clink" reached my ears as I sheathe Yamato back into its scabbard after taking down four mechs alone. The non-stop training for the past two days was a big help. I kept training, pushing myself past my limits without stopping, regardless of the time or how tired I was. If Mei was here, she probably would've given me a big scolding, worried for my health. But now that she's not here by my side, I couldn't help but miss her presence.

Right now, I was looking for Wendy. At first, I had opted to search for Mei but Alan and Himeko suggested that I look for Wendy instead. I declined but they insisted, leaving me with no choice.