Chapter 21

[Mei's POV]

Yesterday Kiana-chan and Alan skipped school and were eventually caught red-handed by the Principal. Alan proves that Kiana-chan is innocent because he is the one who invited Kiana to skip school rather than stopping her, that is why right now Alan has to write a resume about yesterday's Lessons but still even with Alan's defense the Principal also gave Kiana-chan a punishment same as Alan.

Right now Alan and Kiana-chan are working on the resume and sometimes I could hear Kiana-chan's voice whining about the assignment. Hearing that I decided to make Kiana-chan's favorite food for dinner, I headed towards the Kitchen and opened up the fridge to see that there was no ingredient left.

"It's already run out ?! I better buy them right now" I said and headed to my room to change.

When I walked down the stairs with my coat and purse I saw Kaito putting on his jacket.

"Kaito? Where are you going ?" I asked.

"Oh, Mei, I'm going out to buy some ingredients for dinner since we're running short of them," He said after putting on his jacket.

"Ah, I was about to do that as well," I said.

"Really ? Then how about we go buy it together ?" Kaito said inviting me.

"Eh ?"

[Timeskip]

Wait... Me and Kaito... Just the two of us.... Going out... Is this a date ?!! We are currently on the train and I am sitting next to him, I take a glance at Kaito for a moment, and he looks around the Train and notices me.

"What's wrong ?" he asked.

"Ah, nothing!" I looked away from him, tried to hide my blush, and calm my heart down.

We took the train towards the city. It took us about 15 minutes from St. Freya to the city by train, then after stopping at the city's station both of us headed towards the supermarkets.

I picked up the grocery list from my purse.

"Here is the stuff that we have to buy" I showed Kaito the list.

"You came prepared, I see," He said.

"I always wrote everything before buying, it's a habit of mine," I said.

"Alright" He nodded.

Kaito grabbed a shopping cart and we went inside.

I stopped at the canned food and ingredients section while Kaito went to the Seasoning section earlier. I searched for a canned tomato for a moment until I saw one on the upper shelf.

"There it is!" I tried to pick up a canned tomato but sadly it's too high for me. I tried again by tiptoeing and it works.

"I got it!" Suddenly I lost my balance, I tried to regain it but it was no use, my body fell to the back.

"Mei!" I heard footsteps and someone caught me.

It was Kaito. He prevented me from falling.

"Are you ok ?" He asked.

"Yeah, I'm fine," I said while still on Kaito's arm.

I quickly got up from his hand.

"Thanks," I said.

"Anytime," He said.

After that incident, I continued to search for some ingredients but I couldn't seem to get one thing out of my mind, I looked aside and saw Kaito examining some fruits. It has been a year since Nagazora and Kaito had helped and saved me so many times. I wanted to repay him but again he always said no even when we visited the library. He always said that seeing me fine is enough but it's not for me. I need to repay him with something....