Chapter 22

[Minor Update for Pictures]

[???'s POV]

I arrived in London with Rita. Overseer Otto has tasked us to scout and retrieve an old artifact or supposedly a divine key. Also, the overseer was kind to reward me and I happily said that I wanted a vacation.

If I'm not mistaken we are in Russel Square right now and Rita has gone the other way for a moment since she wants to reminisce some of her old memories.

*Tug!* I felt something hit my ankle and it was a ball.

"Hey miss! Throw the ball over here!" Said one of the kids from the distance wearing a soccer or football jersey and shorts.

I grabbed the ball and rather than throw it towards them, I approached them.

"Can I join you all in playing ?" I asked and they nodded.

[Timeskip not too long]

I dribbled the soccer ball away from the other team and when I aimed towards the goal, I accidentally kicked the ball a little too hard to the point where it went fly high in the sky.

"Ah...." That's all I can just say.

"Sorry... I should've not kicked it too hard" I apologized.

But rather than anger and disappointment, all the kids gathered around me and said,

"Wow, that was cool!"

"Are you a professional miss ?"

"Can you teach me that trick also ?"

"Umm..." I was speechless due to the kids asking questions with excitement.

"Just train every day and eventually you will master that technique from before" I heard a familiar voice.

"Rita ?"

"Here is your ball, young sir" Rita handed over the ball to him.

"Thank you!"

I bid farewell to the kids and walked with Rita towards a nearby bench.

"So, how is your first impression of London Durandal-sama ?"

"The scenery is really beautiful and the kids here are also really cheerful. I can see why London is such a popular place." I said.

"But I'm still surprised that you chose London" Rita said.

"It's because I never visited it and also the mission that the Overseer said before, I could help everyone if the situation got worse" I look at Rita.

"Is that so? Even though you don't have to do that" Rita said.

*Beep-Beep*

I heard a phone ring and it was coming from Rita's phone.

"One moment Durandal-sama" She said.

"I'm going for a walk not too far from here," I said leaving Rita with the call.

While walking around the park, I noticed a cat by itself licking its paw. I tried to pet it but ended up being scratched.

"Ow!" I winced.

"Are you ok ?" Someone said.

I looked to my right and noticed a red-hooded person with a brown jacket.