Chapter 23

[A short chapter since I'm in the mood to write]

[Kiana's POV]

It's weekend and I just bought the new release of the most popular game franchise, 'Homu Ultimate Kombat 3'. When I finally got a hold of the newest copy, I squealed in excitement, and why if you may ask? It's because I've been fighting over and over for the Pre-Order session.

"Can't wait to try this game and beat Bronya" I said leaving the store.

When walking through some stores and stalls I see a familiar figure and it's Alan. I wanted to call him but stopped, I saw him approaching a tall blonde woman and talking with her. My body moved to a nearby store wall and peeps.

"What is he doing with that woman?" I asked in confusion.

They talked and talked for a moment then walked away. I immediately follow them in secret and my suspicion grows high and high at times. Who is that woman? And why did Alan seem to know her? All of the questions were circling in my mind as I followed them cautiously not to pick their attention.

Alan and the blonde woman stopped at a Café and went inside, they took a seat near the Café window and I decided to watch them from the Cafe's table outside to avoid suspicion more.

Alan talks to her but looking at his expressions he seems different, he looks serious while talking to her just what are they talking about that it makes the fun and stupid boy look serious. As time passed he began to cool down and his expression went back to the one I know, carefree and relaxed.

He ordered a coffee while chatting with that blonde woman, they sometimes laugh and talk about something. Seeing them close I felt my head fuming. Wait why did I suddenly feel like this? Is it because of something? Eh, must be because I'm suspicious about the person he talks to, this is normal, right? As a friend who worries about other friends.

Time passed more until Afternoon as Alan and the blonde woman stood up from the table. Knowing that I put the money and the bills on the table and walked away. Feeling that I walked a little far from the place I stopped and sighed.

"Who is that woman? and why it seems that she and Alan know each other. Hmmm..." I said in annoyance.

"Wait, why I'm feeling annoyed again? Alan has nothing to do with me, well... Maybe he is but still this annoyance counts as a caution. Who knows maybe that woman is dangerous and I could be the one who knows and going to tell him-"

"She's not dangerous Kiana" My body jolted in surprise, that voice... It's Alan's voice voice.

"A-a-a-alan...." I turned around slowly.

"Didn't expect that you were spying on me, this whole day" he sighed.

"Ah... Ah... Well, I just got suspicious about that woman.... That is normal because.... She might be a bad person...." I stuttered and Alan stopped me midway.

"Let's talk about that somewhere else." He said and I nodded.

[Timeskip]

Right now we're at Lorenzo's Pizza shop and I just told Alan about why I heard about my spying incident before.

"So... You got suspicious that's it?" Alan said.

I just nodded while looking down.

Alan sighed softly and talked again.

"Well, I guess I owe you an explanation. Don't worry Kiana she is not a dangerous person or anything"

"Then who is she? Why does it look like you know her so well?" I asked again.

"She is my Matushka," He said.

"Matushka?"

"My orphanage caretaker"

"Eh." Now I feel like a total idiot.

[You are an idiot after all]

"Yeah... She took care of me, Kaito, and Bronya since back then at the orphanage." Alan explains again.

"I see- wait, if she's here, why you didn't come with Kaito and Bronya ?" I asked.

"That's.... It's because she wanted to see me" I sense a little suspicion from his words.

"Hmmm... Are you sure?..." I checked again.

"Of course I am. Anyway, what do you want to eat? My treat" Alan said and those words took me by surprise.

"Eh? Why so sudden?"

"Just consider this as my apology for going to London with Kaito and didn't bring anything back," He said.

Ah, that's right. I just remember 2 weeks ago that Alan and Kaito were ordered by Aunt Theresa to London. I was so jealous before that I hugged Kaito and told him to bring me along but stopped by Himeko who picked me up like a cat and after both of them back they also didn't bring anything which made me disappointed and sad.

"I still won't forgive you for that incident" I looked away due to my sudden change of mood.

"Come on Kiana.... Look just order what you want, it's my treat after all.

"You sure on it ?" I asked.

"Absolutely" he answered.

I picked up the menu

"Then I shall order-"

[Timeskip]

"Ahh.... That was delicious" I went out of the shop with Alan.

"You ordered quite a lot... But thankfully I still have some money to cover it up" Alan said.

"It's your treat after all and you said that I can order anything I want," Kiana said.

He was about to counter my words but stopped.

"I supposed I can't argue with that" His head went down.

"Haha!"

I looked at the sky and it was slowly getting dark. Oh no! I haven't played the game that I got earlier.

"Ah! It's getting dark let's go to the dorm!!" I grabbed Alan's hand.

"Hold on Kiana- Woah!!" I ran away with him.

We ran and ran towards the station until Alan talked.

"What's going on? Why do you want to go to the dorm?"

"I just bought the new Honkai Ultimate Kombat and I wanted to play it!!" I said.

"Wait! Have you already bought it?! How?!" He sounds surprised.

"Ehe! It's because I pre-ordered it" I said.

"I see, that's why, anyway mind if play it too?!" he said.

"Of course, since you already treat me why would I say no"

"Alright!" He said.

We fastened our pace and headed towards the station. My heart weirdly feels calm and glad knowing that the girl that Alan talked to before is just his caretaker. But I still didn't have an answer for the feelings that I felt before knowing it, who knows maybe someday I could find the answer.

[That's for the short chapter and glad that I could finish it in a few hours because I have a lot of college activities coming and I don't know when or what time I have to write again and again I'm a little excited because next chapter is the part 1 of the main story. Thank you for reading and hope y'all have a good day]