Chapter 9

[Mei's POV]

I woke up with a small headache in my head.

"Where... Am... I?" I said while looking around.

"You're awake," a red haired armored woman said.

"Sorry. But, who are... You?" I asked the woman who was standing in front of me.

"My name is Murata Himeko, you can call me Major Himeko." She introduced herself.

"Ahh... Kiana-chan, Kaito, and Alan, where are they ?!" I asked her.

"They're all alright, Your friends are in the infirmary next door," I felt so relieved after Major Himeko said that.

I lowered my head. Kiana-chan almost died protecting me, and it's all my fault.

"It is because of me... That Kiana-chan got hurt...." I murmured.

"You can do whatever you want with me," I said.

"Sorry?" Major Himeko said.

"You can do whatever you want with me, Kiana-chan got hurt because of me. It is because of my carelessness that she got hurt, and even Bronya-chan, and.... Kaito. I'm just putting them in danger again and again," I said.

"Even killing you ?" Major Himeko said.

"Yes! If that is the best for them," I said. Then, I felt a sting pain on my cheek. It looked like Major Himeko had slapped me.

"Our duty is to fight Honkais, not kill a girl like you!" She said with a higher tone.

"And if you didn't value your life... then give it to me. I will forge you into a warrior that is capable of controlling the Honkai inside of you!" She said again.

"Then... what if I lose control again and harm my friends again ?!" I said.

"We will plant a microchip bomb on your heart if your Honkai level reaches a high level. That way it will scare the Honkai inside of you," She explained.

"Hopefully this will set your mind at ease and try to value your life just a little," she said before walking away.

"And if you are feeling a little better, try to see your friends. They're worried about you," she stopped for a moment and walked away again.

I tried to take everything in for a moment and after that, I got up from the Infirmary bed and went towards the one next door.

When I slide open the door, I see Alan and Kiana who were chatting for a brief moment before looking at me.

"Mei-Senpai!"

"Mei !"

Kiana tries to get up only to wince in pain the moment she was about to do so.

"Don't move, your back is still wounded." Alan said, gently helping Kiana lay down.

"Ah... I forgot about that, hehe." She laughed.

I approached both of them.

"Sorry Kiana-chan, because of me, your back got hurt." I apologized to her.

"Don't be sorry, Mei-senpai! I'm completely fine, see!" She shows a smile.

"Well, not for long since you will feel a stinging pain again." Alan chimed while leaning on his seat.

"Alan... I'm trying to cheer Mei-senpai up and you're breaking the mood!" Kiana-chan said.

Alan just chuckled

"Anyway, we really are happy to see that you are fine," Alan said.

"Um!" Kiana nodded.

I felt really happy when both of them said that. Then, suddenly I realized something.