Chapter 17

[Kaito's POV]

My eyelids slowly opened and as my sight fell on the ceiling, I felt a violent shake around me.

"Ugh..." I held my forehead trying to ease the pain a bit.

"Kaito! You're awake! Thank goodness." Kiana said.

"Hurry! We must get out of here!" Fu Hua exclaimed while carrying Himeko.

"But how ?" Kiana asked.

I slowly got up, grabbed Yamato and sheathed it. Then my eyes landed on the Xuanyan sword. I tried to grab it but there's some hesitation in my mind.

Then suddenly the sword glows brightly and made me cover my eyes with my arm. After the light that came from it dims out, I lowered my arm and was surprised to see a figure none other than The Yellow Emperor, Ji Xuanyan.

"What is this..." I said in shock.

"What ?!" I heard Kiana say in shock.

Then the figure floats toward us three.

"Thank you... The three of you, because of you I am finally free from the seal that had taken hold of me for so long..." She said,

"Ji Xuanyan... But you are..." Fu Hua stuttered to say some words.

"I am not the real Xuanyan, I am nothing but her fading memories that lie inside her sword. The real Xuanyan died a long time ago... All alone..." She said.

"So... The real one died a long time ago..." Fu Hua said.

"Although she died, her will to protect humanity remains till the end and it has manifested to the being that you are currently looking in front of your eyes right now" She said.

"Then why are you here ?" I asked her.

"To offer you an aid as a thank you for freeing me from the seal bind. Young warriors, you are currently inside the Chiyou's body" She said and it made us three eyes widened in shock.

"What ?!!" Yeah Kiana is the one that was most shocked hearing that.

"Chiyou ? But I thought that you already killed it" Fu Hua said.

"I wasn't powerful enough to stop it, I decided to seal it to prevent Chiyou from rampaging further." She explained.

"Then... All of that shaking earlier..." Kiana's face was smeared with fear.

"Yes, Chiyou is moving," Xuanyan said.

"Then we have to stop it at all cost, if not it will reach Guangzhou and cause havoc that eventually kills billions of innocent people." I said.

"But how ? We can't even reach Aunt Theresa here and Himeko sensei is out cold." Kiana said.

"Unfortunately, there is little that I could do to help you in this state, I could guide you to the exit so you could get to safety" She said.

"No... Doing that will only make things even worse... Is there something or anything that we can do ?" I asked her.

Xuanyan appeared to be in a deep thought before talking again,

"There is one... You must bring the Sword to the heart of Chiyou in order to seal it back for good" She explained.

"But can't you just kill Chiyou ?" Kiana asked.

"Sadly, I wasn't strong enough to kill it so I decided to seal it" She explained again.

"I'll give you two options- to run or to seal it again, choose wisely young warriors" She said again.