three.

Chapter 3: Take the fall, act hurt, get indignant!

"Coach, I thought we were playing hockey, not acting!" Sparky exclaimed and Gordon pushed her over. Well he gave her a light push and she just moved a bit.

"You might be the worst actor on the team, Sparky. You gotta flop more." Gordon said and Sparky shook her head.

"There's more ways to win than cheat." Sparky said and Gordon pushed her.

"Not on this team." Gordon said as Averman fell on the floor. "Perfect, Averman! Act more hurt though!" Gordon exclaimed and Sparky rolled her eyes.

"I am hurt." Averman groaned and Sparky stifled a laugh in. She looked at Gordon who looked at her.

"Maybe if you coached us, we'd be better." Sparky said Gordon looked at her with a small chuckle.

"That is something I call impossible." Gordon said, Sparky only skated away and Gordon pushed her from behind. This time she actually fell.

"Quit pushing m-" Sparky exclaimed and then Karp fell on her. She groaned as her back cracked. "Wow, Karp. I didn't know you were a chiropractor." Sparky joked as she started to get back up. She stood up and skated around everyone.

"Take the fall, act hurt, get indignant" Everyone yelled it, Sparky's came out in more of a mutter.

"Sparky, I can't hear you!" Gordon exclaimed and Sparky sighed.

"Take the fall, act hurt, get indignant !" Sparky said a bit louder with everyone else. She didn't want to say it. Cheating wasn't a word in her vocabulary. The kid wouldn't even cheat on tests in school. She works for things, even if she is plain stupid.

"One more time!" Gordon exclaimed and Sparky looked at her skates.

"Take the fall! Act hurt' Get indignant!"

"Good! You guys are ready!"

-

"Sparky! Hustle!" Gordon yelled as Sparky skated down the ice. She was going as fast as she could. She was the only one without a sub. The score was 2-7, and Sparky had the only two points.

"I am hustling!" Sparky muttered as she tried to steal a puck from the guy in front of her. She got in front of him and played defense she stole the puck and then sped down the ice. She passed it up to Charlie. Charlie slayed into the boards with the puck and then Sparky got checked. She fell onto the ice and got back up.

"Face off!" The ref yelled Sparky took her helmet off for a moment and wiped the flyaways away.

Sparky skated to the middle and got ready for the face off. Gordon's as talking to Charlie as Sparky set herself up. The ref dropped the puck and Sparky passed it to Guy, who then got it stolen from him. The stolen puck became a loose puck and Charlie chased after it. Charlie got trapped in the boards as he tried to get the puck.

Charlie kicked the puck and Sparky got the puck from him. Then she got pushed right into the ice. Her helmet fell off because it's a trashy hand-me-down helmet. She scratched her cheek on the ice and got a gash from it.

By that time the game had ended and Sparky's face was bleeding. Gordon looked pissed and Charlie looked almost guilty?

"Fudge." Sparky said starting to get up from the ice. She skated holding her cheek as blood ran down it.

Sparky walked into the locker room to hear all of her teammates complaining. Sparky had grabbed a whole tissue box to stop her cheek from bleeding.

"Charlie What the hell is the matter with you! When I tell you to do something, you do it! You got it?" Gordon asked yelling. Sparky stood up and stood next to her brother. Charlie looked at Sparky for her to answer. "Don't look at your sister, look at me." Gordon said and Charlie looked up at Gordon.

"You got it?" Gordon asked once again. Sparky shook her head and rolled her eyes again.

"You can't make me cheat." Charlie said and then threw his gear on the floor. Sparky walked him walk out and she looked away. The door slammed and then another person came in. It was Jesse and Terry's dad.

"You think I pay to see my kids takin' falls?" He asked and then walked away with his sons. Once everyone left Sparky was still in there.

Gordon was standing there looking at the floor. Sparky was putting on a hoodie and she decided to speak up, like usual. "Listen, coach. I know we suck, but give us a chance. We might not be as bad as you think." Sparky said in sincerity. Gordon looked down with a nod of his head. Sparky walked out with her cheek still bleeding.

"Holy crap, look at Conway!" Yelled McGill as Sparky walked by. Sparky walked by them as Adam Banks looked at her face. He winced when he saw it. She walked past but he grabbed her arm.

"Are you good? You took a hard fall." Adam said and Sparky nodded her head.

"No, I'm fine." Sparky said skeptically. Why was he worried. Adam nodded his head and Sparky walked past him.

Sparky walked by them as she looked for her mom. When she saw her mother, she was consoling Charlie, who was crying. Sparky looked away and put her hands into her pockets and waited for them to come down. "Sweetheart, do you need a bandaid?" Sparky turned her head to see Amanda Banks. Adam's mom. She was a kind lady who was fond of girl.

"Oh, yeah." Sparky said and Amanda went into her purse. "I've got some stuff here, let me clean in out." Amanda said leading the girl over to the bleachers. Sparky sat down as she took out some stuff.

"Adam did the same thing a couple of weeks ago." Amanda said and Sparky chuckled. I wish I was able to see that Sparky thought to herself. "Him and his brother were on the ice and he hit his cheek." Amanda said as she put the cleaner into a tissue. She wiped Sparky's cheek as Sparky pretended like it didn't hurt.

"Sorry, honey. I'm almost done." Amanda said as she put a bandaid on her cheek. 

"Thanks, Mrs. Banks." Sparky said and Amanda nodded her head.

"Of course." She said as Sparky saw her mom by the door of the arena.

"Have a good night." Sparky said before walking away.

"Oh, Sparky that looks like it hurts." Casey said touching her bandaid. Sparky shrugged her shoulders as she looked around for Charlie.

"It barely hurt."

A/N:

Sparky and Adam will start to have more lovey-dovey moments soon. Sparky met Adam's mom😉😉😉